Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been looking around at the 2008 for a week or so, had a test drive in the1.6 e-HDi 92 yesterday and loved it (Allure).

However, i can see the EGC gives more MPG and less than 100 C02 emissions which would mean free road tax.

I do like the idea of semi automatic but the sales man did say it can be a bit ''jittery'' on gear change.

I've never driven a semi automatic, are you able to use it fully automatic or drive it fully manual??

The grip control is quite a big thing which i want, as it sounds fantastic, however again, if it is automatic, is there any point as i am aware autos aren't as good in the snow??

If not, i will go for the 115 1.6 Feline edition in Manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The EGC is brilliant.

Very quick smooth changes.

You can use it manual or auto and I cannot fault it.

Try the 'Search' facility as we have had Threads on this system.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Adamuk said:
Thanks Al, just wondering do you have the petrol version or diesel?

Cheers

<strike>The EGC version is only available with the 1.6 Diesel.</strike>

The EGC 6 speed automatic is only available with the 1.6 Diesel; but now you can have a 4 speed standard automatic version with the new 3 cylinder 1.6 petrol engine.

I have the 1.6 Diesel.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hope the EGC is radically different from the 'EGS' in the C4 Picasso (I suspect they are one and the same as the oily bits are) as that has a long history of lunching input shaft bearings - if you catch it quick there's a bill of £800, if you leave it then you can get that closer to £2000 for a new 'box; if it starts whining at 37mph when lifting off get down to the dealer quick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts