Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ECG totally failed yesterday
. I parked up, ignition off in N. I then opened the door and saw I needed to move a bit, shut the door started up BUT NO GEAR SELECT WHAT SO EVER
Just N on the screen. I tried restarting, moving the gear selecto,r rocking the car but to no avail. Although the car would not start in A even though N was still displayed on the screen. Called AA. I locked the car fully, dead locked and left. I returned about 5 mins later and thought I'd just see, as you do and low and behold it now worked fine
. The AA guy could only find a brake light fault that could be related to the ECG and we looked at every possible logged fault, but who knows
. I have used the car a couple of times since and all is fine
. I don't think it worth my time going to the dealers yet,as you all know what they will say. It's suck it and see at the mo. If It happens again I'll repost. I email Peugeot and wil lpost their reply when and if I get one. Otherwise I love the car and with 3500 miles with no gear box noise maybe I got a good one. 1.6 hdi Allure ecg

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sounds similar to this:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/weird-ecg-problem_topic917.html#9327

·
Registered
273 Posts
Please report this to the dealer even though there's possibly nothing they can do to fix if the problem has gone away and insist that they contact Peugeot as they keep denying that this problem exists at all. One day this fault is going to occur to someone when they really need to move.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This sounds quite serious and raises the question; what unknown problems second hand ECGs units will bring to buyers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is/will be known to the trade,(except PSA) and will in my view certainly affect second hand values of these vehicles. Thereare already fears about the cost of replacing the dual clutches when they wear without this fault which strikes out of the blue. A problem which occurs as this one does, both of mine have happened like yours, when manoeuvring at low speed, after switching off,will decrease confidence in the vehicle which will have a knock on effect on the residual value. I repeat that this is not a new fault. I had it on my ECG 3008 and as reported on the other thread the Citroens with the same box also suffer from it. PSA say they have never heard of it. RUBBISH.!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't have a 2008 yet and have been on the brink of placing an order alternating between 1.2 egc then 1.6 egc and also considering the 1.6 full auto. Its a car we want but i think we will hang on for the 1.2 110/130. I understand what you are saying about the 3008 as well.I also looked at the almost new but used 1.6 egcs on Autotrader but am put of now, I am sure there are a lot of good ones out there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had much same in 1.4hdi 208, driving along lost drive every light on dash lit up turn off for few mins started again, dealer could find no reason when reported to Peugeot they said never heard it either, few months later parked when got in to start just a clicking sound and warning contact main dealer, they updated software for ECU because Peugeot keep updating but wait till have a good few before telling dealers. Seems OK now fingers crossed but hope 2008 don'tstart same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cold morning yesterday started down the lane changed from 1st to 2nd then engine went to 4000 revs no drive tried reving again same, then clonk and away I went good job I was on a quiet lane.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Was parking in a tight spot outside of my sister's house. After backing close to another vehicle selected forward and the vehicle continued backwards on releasing footbrake. Just stopped it in time. Reported to dealer who said this couldn't happen. Here's me hallucinating again!!!. After first service in December during which all software has been updated I have not had any repeats of problems. Lucky I was not near a cliff edge, or a personwhen this happened.

·
Registered
398 Posts
By the way...anyone found written something regarding changing from A to N to R and vice versa ?Correct is to push the footbrake ? or just change it ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts