Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2013 Model, 1.6 Hdi. And my touch screen has stopped turning on when i start the ignition. Can anyone help me as to what might cause this and more so, how to rectify this problem??

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 2015 crossway and my touchscreen is a bit temperamental.sometimes there is a delay in it coming on after starting up.Recently it also froze a few times and won’t display the next track when music is playing
It’s due a service next month I was going to mention it then

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I had similar issues with the same 2013 1.6 HDi.
So to check if your problem is the same as mine, try to unplug/plug the fuse of the touch screen to reset it (or even easier, unplug and plug again the battery, its the same).
If the screen turns on after the reset, then perhaps it will keep you for a while, but it will happen again and will require reset.
Eventually, in my case, it turns out that it was a cooling issue.
Have a look on this post:
https://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/21-faults-fixes/3369-touchscreen-not-turning-2.html#post31705

If you look on the way the FAN is connected, you may notice that perhaps the connectors may be loose and need some more tension and cleaning.
The system thinks that there is no FAN present and in order to protect it from overheating, it just kept the unit off.
This is what i did and works without problems since then.

P.S. If you are planning to open the touch screen yourself, follow a youtube guide and make sure you are using plastic tools (you really dont want to scratch everything around there)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts