Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2008 Feline for about 1 month and getting my head around the touch screen. 1 thing that doesn't seem to function as I'd expect is the hands free phone. I've connected with bluetooth and downloaded my contacts but the system only loads about 5 or 6 numbers whereas I have about 30 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 iphone. The only way to get the numbers I want on the hands free set up is by manually entering the numbers. Thats a bore! Anybody know how to get round this?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It may be that you also have email addresses stored (like I have).

These don't seem to show in the phone contacts list.

Mine showed a couple of names and then blanks but if you scroll down you should find they are listed after the blanks (mine are).

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Does it always load the same contacts? Does it always stop at the same one? If it does that might lead to clues to what is failing. If I recall correctly I had problems in the past with car kits with contacts that were linked to Google contacts. (It's not much help here I know but in that case I think the fix was resolved with a software update on the car kit.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a settings menu allowing you to sync your contacts from your phone and sim card or both, i had a similar problem where it only displayed 5 or so which were my sim contacts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks danny149.
Seems you solved the problem as I did - the Touch Screen only syncronizes your Sim card contacts and not those on the memory card. So I copied all contacts to Sim and switched on. After syncronisation was complete [only a few seconds] all my contacts were listed on the Touch Screen phone list. RESULT!

Hope this helps everybody else trying to solve the mysteries of the touch Screen system. Nowhere does it state in the manual that this should be done via Sim card

·
Registered
193 Posts
Psaitch this is strange as I only have mine set to sync from phone and ignore the Sim card.Mine only listed the internal contacts that were in the 2008 hard drive and I found my listing by accident when I touch the button marked internal again and it listed all the phones as well.
Like you found the manual says nothing on this.I knew it was doing something as it said sync complete each time I turned on the car.

Mac.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
psaitch said:
Thanks danny149. 
Seems you solved the problem as I did - the Touch Screen only syncronizes your Sim card contacts and not those on the memory card. So I copied all contacts to Sim and switched on. After syncronisation was complete [only a few seconds] all my contacts were listed on the Touch Screen phone list. RESULT!

Hope this helps everybody else trying to solve the mysteries of the touch Screen system. Nowhere does it state in the manual that this should be done via Sim card 
This is likely to be a phone issue rather than something that the 2008 does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts