Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2008 64 reg with the touch screen. Can you default it to show just thetime/temp and date? Fed up with looking at a radio screen with soundmuted. I know I can turn screen off but it is then blank and not default setting. Also has anybody bought a car beforethathas no CD player and the hand bookdoesn'tfit in the glove box?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Allan,

Its great to have you with us and welcome to the "nut house" which is ruled by women in pyjama's who own handbags that can empty a mans wallet in seconds.
You will no doubt meet the "chuckle bros" and the "mad Irishman" who was eaten by a fish. This guy is the best one line man you could ever meet. Talks utter rubbish, but one you would want at a party. Then we get to the "International Flavour", George, for goodness sake don't introduce him to any females you know...........Then you will meet the two Al's, well one Al ,he his the 75 yr old adjudicator, he invented Windows 10, and then there is Alan, he absolutely loves his 2008, in fact he loves that much if it was on fire he wouldn't pee on it to put it out.

Back to the interesting stuff, unfortunately we also have a 2008 of 64 origin, and I must admit it would be nice to default to something other than a muted radio channel. As of yet I haven't been able to find a way around the software but I admit it would be nice as probably like you, we get fed up of it suddenly cutting back in when you come off the phone. Now Andrew (Burty) who knows everything electrical, nay be able to advise on this, or even Chris (Frank Bullitt) will be able to let you into the darker secrets of the touchscreen. Good luck with that. If all else fails you can buy a cheap hammer these days from your local "Homebase Store".

Ref the large handbook, or should I say rather small glove box, or is that a drop down lid in the dashboard.
"Madam" at present, has it stuffed with three Kleenex tissues so there is no chance of getting said handbook in there. We have all documents in a folder inside, and only keep copy documents inside the vehicle should Her Majesty's Boys in Blue require any proof of ownership etc etc.
There is always that area behind the seats if you are struggling, its accessible by that rather large opening lid at the rear of the vehicle.

No CD player, I'm told that things have moved on, when I was but a lad we had
Beta-maxtapes in our car and scoffed when people said "cassettes are they way forward". Well it would seem that CD's are now defunct, you put music on that thing that you talk to people with, we call it a phone in our generation, goodness knows what the kids today call it, but
apparentlyyou load it up with songs, or is
thatbeats, how the hell do I know, and stream it to the touchscreen thingy where out comes out at some distorted decibel level that you hear from half a mile away. Sorry I'm not being of much help here am I.

Anyway its good to have you with us my friend and nice that you live close to the "sunshine state". I frequent Exeter regularly to drop into one of my clients offices, nice city, has a lot to offer especially the rugby which I will be attending on Tuesday.

We look forward to any pictures you may have that can enlighten us to where the handbook ended up and how you resolved the issue of the blank touchscreen.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Spotify and not CD's anymore. I've actually just asked to check its compatible with the 2008. I hope so because without that or CD's I'll be driving round in silence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts