Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, I've had my brand new 2008 GT Line 2 weeks and my touchscreen has been playing up, intermittently going dark, inactive, displaying the Peugeot logo and today it's gone completely kaput. I've got a blue screen with the words: software loading on demand, WARNING: System has limited functionality. As if I didn't realise that already! Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is this normal? I've had two 208s before this car and never had any touchscreen issues before. Do I need to take my car to the Peugeot dealer to fix? Has anyone else had this problem? Sat nav, radio, reverse cameras, telephone, none of these are functioning and it made for a very boring and quiet drive home from work just now.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have had mine about 4 weeks and have not encountered this, fortunately. I would be taking it into the dealer. If it were a standalone computer or tablet you would probably try and reboot it but I'm not sure how you do that in the car. Perhaps somebody else knows

You also need it to adjust some vehicle settings other than sat nav and entertainment. We are pretty dependent on these things now and that failure is a bit of a worry.
Edited by: tab0404

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've had my GT Line 2 weeks here too, so far no issues at all as you have described. It has sat there for a few seconds with the Peugeot logo on screen but that has cleared to show the relevant app. So yeah I'd get it booked in with the dealership urgently.

Keep us posted as to what they come back with.

·
Registered
413 Posts
tab0404 said:
I have had mine about 4 weeks and have not encountered this, fortunately. I would be taking it into the dealer. If it were a standalone computer or tablet you would probably try and reboot it but I'm not sure how you do that in the car. Perhaps somebody else knows

You also need it to adjust some vehicle settings other than sat nav and entertainment. We are pretty dependent on these things now and that failure is a bit of a worry.
The only thing I have experienced is when I spent a lot of time playing with it without the engine running. Eventually I got a message telling me it was about to shut down to conserve the battery and that I should run the engine for 5 minutes to re-charge it. It does mention that in the owner's menu.Edited by: tab0404

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am aware that can happen though it has only every happened once or twice in the past 4 years when I drove 208s - my two preceding cars have been 208s.

·
Registered
413 Posts
angel said:
Yes, I am aware that can happen though it has only every happened once or twice in the past 4 years when I drove 208s - my two preceding cars have been 208s.
I'm sure your dealer will sort it out for you. Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
tab0404 said:
If it were a standalone computer or tablet you would probably try and reboot it but I'm not sure how you do that in the car. Perhaps somebody else knows
For me holding down both side buttons ("display" and "menu") for around 5 seconds reboots the system - but then I have an older 2014 version with SMEG.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Was this issue resolved? I'd be interested to know the cause and the solution.Edited by: tab0404

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, I've had my brand new 2008 GT Line 2 weeks and my touchscreen has been playing up, intermittently going dark, inactive, displaying the Peugeot logo and today it's gone completely kaput. I've got a blue screen with the words: software loading on demand, WARNING: System has limited functionality. As if I didn't realise that already! Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is this normal? I've had two 208s before this car and never had any touchscreen issues before. Do I need to take my car to the Peugeot dealer to fix? Has anyone else had this problem? Sat nav, radio, reverse cameras, telephone, none of these are functioning and it made for a very boring and quiet drive home from work just now.

my dealer told me that indeed there r some bugs with the software, but nothing to worry about. it does go on economy saving mode for some reasons, e g false high temperature. you have to restart it somehow from the car baterry. if you cant, just go to the dealer. great day!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had mine for 3 years/50K. Never a problem with the screen. Sounds like a dealer job to fix it properly. If the problem wasn't around in 2017 when I bought mine, shouldn't occur in 2020. (Then again, anything is possible in 2020).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts