Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

for a few days I´m a proud owner of the 2008 - was waiting almost half a year for the delivery.

The only negative things I can say is about the Touchscreen/Radio - I have a few issues with that, so was searching through the net and found this Forum.

Maybe you can help with the issues or at least share your experiences related to listen music from your phone in the car ( my phone is an HTC ONE)

1. Bluetooth Streaming:

Not sure if it SHOULD work and just does not (or I´m doing something wrong) -

The Radio seems to be only able to access the tracks chosen on my phone (sorry, as english is not my language, do not know how to say it better).

As example - if I havechosen analbum on my phone - the radio only plays this Album (I can go forward/backward only within this one Album)- I have no possibility to chose another album/other interpet/other song on the Touchscreen - right?

To be able to listen to all my music from the phone, I need to choose the "Track" - view on my phone, listening all tracks in alphabetical order. Then on the Radio I can go forward/backward through all songs (in same order), but there is no way to search for a certain song or at least Show a list, right?

As I have several thousand tracks on my phone and do not want to have use my phone display to control what is played - this kind of sucks - thought this is only via Bluetooth, so I tried to connect my phone via USB:

2. Connect phone with USB

Well to say it short: it simply does NOT work, Connect cable to one of the 2 USB ports - phone tells it´s in USB and MTP Modus - on Touchscreen nothing happens.

Searched in the Internet and seems the reason is simple but not very satisfying:

Newer Android phones (think Version 4.1. and newer) do not have a mass storage modus anymore - only MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and a lot of car Radios do not work with that - unfortunately it seemsalso the Touchscreen from the 2008 does not.

There is no way to Change this on phone (or only very complex, like rooting your device) - not sure if this could be fixed with updating the Radio Software.

So it seems I only have the choice to copy all my Music on an USB stick (which sucks, as I get new songs very often on my phone, would then Need to copy again to have stick updated)

OR

Use Bluetooth Streaming and choose songs over the phone, or create a playlist and choose that on the phone...etc...

Maybe I am wrong and just do not know how to get it working...any experiences with above described issues?

Cheers

Harry

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Harry and welcome to the club.

I had a problem playing albums/tracks from a USB memory stick.

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/usb-not-reading-mp3-files_topic175.html

The problem was using ' . ' in the title.

I haven't tried streaming from my phone much, but did briefly test it and it seemed to work OK (after I'd altered the titles in there also).

It does seem that not all phones/devices are fully compatible to enable automatic play and the phone/device itself then has to be used for track selection:

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just been down and checked mine streaming from the phone.

It stores the last album I selected and allows me to move up/down through the tracks from the touch screen.

But I have to select a new album via the phone.

When I first turned on the BT connection the audio showed three previous individual tracks I had selected and played and showed 1/3 2/3 3/3 as I selected on the screen (only up or down available).

I selected a new album on the phone as, although the album title showed on the touch screen, it wouldn't allow me to move off the album to another.

It seems that the three previous tracks that came up have now been replaced by the new album that contains 17 tracks. These show on the touch screen as 1/17 2/17 3/17 etc. and allow me to move up/down through them. Individual tracks are not listed but the track title does show whilst it's playing.

Can't say I find this a good way of playing a variety of music compared to having all the albums/tracks on a USB memory stick where all the individual tracks are shown along with all the albums which can be opened to show the tracks which can be played or selected on the touch screen.

I have the Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Allan.

Yes, seems Bluetooth Streaming only works with the "selection" you have done on your phone - whether it´s an Album, a playlist just 1 song or whatever.

However, not sure if this depends on the phone model or is just like that no matter which phone (or Bluetooth Profile) you use.

What annoys me more is that it does not work to connect the phone with USB cable to the USB port.

Don´t think it´s an issue with the Radio as such, but it´s a Android thing (not providing Mass Storage on newer phones with "Ice Cream Sandwich", only MTP - Media Transfer Protocol).

I do not know if technical even possible, but hope there might be a Firmware upgrade for the Radio -

I would prefer to connect my phone via USB cable to Play Music.

My MP3 collection is always up to date their and it would Charge the phone at same time...

Cheers

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just tried with the USB connection and the phone is just not recognized as a 'USB' or 'Auxiliary' source.

Al.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure how relevant it is but in my current car (Astra) I have a Parrot Bluetooth system which streams music from my iPhone however I can only pick albums from the phone on that as well...so I tend to go into song list on the phone and then press shuffle...that way I can select all songs via the remote that comes with the bluetooth.

I believe it's a bluetooth limitation as it would take alot of bandwidth to download all the songs to allow you to control via touchscreen.

Don't know about the 2008 car audio system as i'm still waiting but I would say the Bluetooth is the same as my Parrot system.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just checked my Apple IPhone is the same. The only thing I have total success with is an iPod classic. I have my total collection on that and can chose playlists, genre, artist etc etc. with album art showing.I have it in a black soft cover and a black lead into the USB and have it tucked into the back of the cubby hole. You cannot see it and it is just like having a large disk player. As the IPod is doing most of the work I have not had any issue with type of encoding including full lossless, so sounds great.

Mac. Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
12 Posts
Blue tooth dummy question here !!

If my phone has bluetooth will i be able to take calls through the car system or do i need further hardware ? like is there a microphone somewhere

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes it should work fine for receiving and making calls.

No extra hardware is required.

Mine transferred all the contacts for both my phone and my wife's phone so whoever has the car can be totally hands free.

You can call up the contacts list on the main car screen and select the number to call.

PS: I think you can pair about 5 phones but if you are all in the car at the same time then you will have to select the driver's phone from those available.

PPS: Not all phones are compatible for the full functions available.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I am pretty sure that the phone microphone is above the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
12 Posts
allan40alt said:
Yes it should work fine for receiving and making calls.

No extra hardware is required.

Mine transferred all the contacts for both my phone and my wife's phone so whoever has the car can be totally hands free.

You can call up the contacts list on the main car screen and select the number to call.

PS: I think you can pair about 5 phones but if you are all in the car at the same time then you will have to select the driver's phone from those available.

PPS: Not all phones are compatible for the full functions available.

Many thanks that makes me feel a lot better ! the wife has gone to see her car today - collection Monday !

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will answer my own question I finally found it under media in another menu I think, cant understand why there is not a shortcut to it from ipod page, anyway problem solved. Now wait for the postcode update very annoying not to have postcode search.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi John, sorry I don't have an iPod so I couldn't help but for the benefit of some other members who may have, can I ask if this is the section you found to resolve your problem:

I just found it on page 243 in the hand book.

Al.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks I did finally find the menu but the screen menu is a little complicated, however Ihave just installed the speed cams that was easy.
Alure 1.6 egc stop start very pleased so far over 60 to gallon with new engine combined.

·
Registered
184 Posts
take it speed cameras are not on the sat nav

·
Registered
184 Posts
thanks buddy.More expense
,just done the GAP Insurance

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did everyone get Christmas wishes from Peugeot or was it only the people still waiting for their cars???http://pmc-marketingautomobile.neolane.net/res/img/E3D43B0069F8547A8F2DCC9CC598FE67.gif

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah I had one of them yesterday kitchendave, delivery in Jan for me

1 - 20 of 34 Posts