Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a quote from Peugeot for £935 to fit a tow bar and electric connection as I'm thinking of getting a small caravan. This sounds a crazily high price for what it is.
What I would like to know is - would it Invalidate my cars warranty by going outside of Peugeot to get the work done a bit cheaper?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The problem you will have then is the lights,(adding extra lights to system can upset ICU) the system will need be rewritten for extra lighting or else you be getting ERROR and going no where and think its only main dealer can do that

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all, newbie here

I have just bought a 2008 active (3 days ago)

I had a quote for a tow bar from the dealership 265 euros plus 100 euros for the 7 pin electrics.

Genuine Peugeot tow bar ( what's going on in the UK with prices now days?)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought mine on eBay form here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Towbar+Detachable+Towball+%2B+7+pin+kit+C2+Peugeot+2008+SUV+13-On+29049%2FC+IT&_id=281486054895&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

I got the removable one.

The instructions are quite straight forward to fit yourself if you have the knowledge, no drilling required as all the fixtures are on the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Shaun, that is a great price in comparison to what I can get it for here in Greece. Did you fit it yourself? Was there much drilling?

I have a great workshop and I do a lot of work/repairs myself, servicing on my older vehicles and motorbike so, I am not frightened of fitting something like this on the car.

Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I did it with the help of a friend, take a look at the instructions here

http://e-motivebgdataservices7x.org.uk/InventoryTeam/Umbra/Umbra%20Fitting%20Instructions/Umbra%20Fitting%20Instructions/Umbra%20Fitting%20Instructions%20Disc%202/_INGLESE/29049.pdf

The holes are behind stickers on the chassis. I would suggest fitting and then attaching the bumber before cutting as when I refit the bumber I only need to cut a couple of mm from where the towbar came under and none near the electrics.

·
Registered
398 Posts
In order to bypass ECU (ICU), use a relay.The power will be directly from Battery, the command will be from rear lights wire or whatever you want to trigger the lighting, without ICU interference.On hot wire from battery you will use also a 20Amp safety fuse.

This will not affect the ICU, also is very use to install. It's a DIY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts