Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have bought a new 2008 but need a towbar the dealer in France price was 600 euros which i thought was expensive has any one had a towbar fitted ? I looked at towsure but mybe to soon to have one for this model

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
There's two towbars shown in the accessories:<div ="result-item"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 20px 10px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; clear: both; color: rgb89, 89, 89; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 12px;"><div ="zoom-container"="" style="margin: 0px 15px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; : relative; : left;"><div id="ref1" ="fullsize-icon"="" style="margin: 10px 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; -: http://www.accessories.peugeot.co.uks/s/results/btn-fullsize.gif; : ; width: 30px; height: 30px; : 2; cursor: pointer; bottom: 1px; right: 0px; -: 100% 100%; -repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">

<div ="resume"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; color: rgb34, 34, 44; overflow: ;"><ul style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; list-style: none;"><li ="designation"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; font-family: PeugeotLight, sans-serif; text-trans: uppercase; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">SWAN'S NECK TOWING BALL<li ="reference"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; color: rgb109, 118, 127;">(1607076480)<li ="price"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; display: block; color: rgb6, 143, 239; text-trans: uppercase;"><strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">£175.39 INCL. VAT[/b][/list]

<div ="result-item"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 20px 10px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; clear: both; color: rgb89, 89, 89; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 12px;"><div ="zoom-container"="" style="margin: 0px 15px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; : relative; : left;"><div id="ref2" ="fullsize-icon"="" style="margin: 10px 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; -: http://www.accessories.peugeot.co.uks/s/results/btn-fullsize.gif; : ; width: 30px; height: 30px; : 2; cursor: pointer; bottom: 1px; right: 0px; -: 100% 100%; -repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">

<div ="resume"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; color: rgb34, 34, 44; overflow: ;"><ul style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; list-style: none;"><li ="designation"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; font-family: PeugeotLight, sans-serif; text-trans: uppercase; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">TOW BAR WITH TOW BALL THAT CAN BE REMOVED WITHOUT TOOLS<li ="reference"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; color: rgb109, 118, 127;">(1607076580)<li ="price"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; display: block; color: rgb6, 143, 239; text-trans: uppercase;"><strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">£276.94 INCL. VAT[/b][/list]

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, Scotfrance, the prices quoted in the Uk do no include the wiring loom or the fitting.The small print on most of the peugeot tow bars says something like 'additional accessories required'. Dealer quoted me around £600 all in but have not had the need to do this as still using my wife's 207 SW for kayak on the roof.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Crikey! They sure know how to rack up the prices!

I thought those prices would be complete apart from the fitting.

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You'd trust another brand of towbar with sensitive multiplex electrics? Peugeot charge so much for one reason - they know they got you by the balls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi the towbar can be fitted quite easily to fixing points at rear of car i have fitted a few in the past .The electricts need a spécial wiring loom which plugs in but the problem seems that you need a code from the dealer for the electrics

·
Registered
155 Posts
The dealer needs to program the BSI to recognise the towbar electrics. Aftermarket one's use.a.signal from the multiplex to activate a relay and in turn send voltage to the towbar socket. That's a really crude method. I think I'd rather pay the extra for the genuine item, especially as towbar electrics are now tested for the MOT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought new towbar from France Attelage 143 euros .I can fit ok but electrics more complicated .I Check price at dealer

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hiscotfrance, how easy was it to fit the tow bar only if it's straight forward enough then I'm of a mind to do the same when my car arrives and worry about the electrics afterwards. My main dealer here quoted me with vat about £850.00for a genuine tow bar fitted with electrics, seems like silly moneyIMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi quite easy to fit ,no cutting or drilling. Remove some fixing from bottom of bumper and bolt on end plates to chassie thén fix bar across all bolts come with kit i was quoted 600 euros from peugeot dealer not as dear as you .dedecated wiring kit can cost 70 to 90 euros but needs a peugeot code quite complicatedElectrics on new cars i bought my kit from France Attelage not many kits available yét as 2008 is new model I have still to get quote for electrics hope this helps

·
Registered
143 Posts
scotfrance said:
Hi quite easy to fit ,no cutting or drilling. Remove some fixing from bottom of bumper and bolt on end plates to chassie thén fix bar across all bolts come with kit i was quoted 600 euros from peugeot dealer not as dear as you .dedecated wiring kit can cost 70 to 90 euros but needs a peugeot code quite complicatedElectrics on new cars i bought my kit from France Attelage not many kits available yét as 2008 is new model I have still to get quote for electrics hope this helps
Thanks very much for your reply, it sounds straight forward enough to fit the tow bar without the need to cut bodywork etc which was my main concern so it looks like I will be having a go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Scotfrance. Just looked at their site and was wondering if the towbar is a Detatchable one that you can get for 148 euros. Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's interesting

·
Registered
13 Posts
I received this reply today from Westfalia -
Thank You for your enquiry.

The Peugeot 2008, 2013- model, towbars have now been
release to stock in Germany and will very soon be in our UK warehouse. They are
available through any Westfalia distributor now.
You can find all information on the towbars and find a
local stockist/fitter here: http://westfalia-automotive.co.uk/peugeot_towbars_and_wiring_kits/Peugeot-2008-/

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have ordered a westfalia and is being fitted at work next Thursday

1 - 20 of 36 Posts