Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a towbar fitted to my 2008 allureand it is fowling the reversing sensors, can anyone tell me is it possible to adjust the sensors so that they do not pick up the towbar.

someone told me that they can be adjusted on a citroen, so I thought peugeot might be the same.
maybe some one can help, as my dealer is unsure

·
Registered
540 Posts
Was the bar fitted by Peugeot? If so, the swan neck shoudnt be picked up by the sensors and the removable option wouldn't be an issue either; but if you've had an aftermarket ball fitted this could be the issue. Also, if it's fitted by Peugeot (or somebody using the dedicated electronics and coding them to the car) this would know when sething is fitted to the hitch and disable the sensors accordingly, the by-pass relay which you've probvably had fitted doesn't do this.

You can turn them off using the switch on the dashboard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply
The towbar wasgot through aPeugeot dealer, but they did not fit it them sevles. they got it fitted by indespension and it is a thule towbar. so I don't know if the dealer can go in via the ecu and adjust the sensors on each side of the swan neck.
it is not a detachable swan neck. but it can be taken off by taking two bolts out, but I don't want that hassle every time I need to use the trailer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having just bought a 2014 Allure with a delightful pan-roof, it's likely that I will have to fit a tow bar.Having read the Forum i'm surprised and shocked at some of the costs quoted.
Can anyone please tell me the source of a good value-for-money, quality tow bar (preferably a detachable type) that can be fitted in a DIY manner, that doesn't involve any drilling or cutting of rear skirts etc? A straight forward bolt on job.
Similarly, a method and procedure of wiring for an electrics pack?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi filmarinei have fitted my own tow bar and electrics,purchased through pf jones.i paid £330 for a thule detatchable tow bar and dedicated electrics.the tow bar is easy to fit,no need to remove the bumper.you just loosen the rear inner plastic wheel arches (to reach fixing points)loosen the lower bumper fixings and lift the bar up and into place. fixing points are already there just requiring a nut to secure.a little fiddly but not too difficult.the electrics however do need routing to the front passenger glove box.from the rear inner wing allong the passenger side sill and into the glove box.not hard to do but does require removing some trim panels.all instructions were included and easy to follow.to complete the instalation the car needs coding to recognise the new electrics this needs to be done by a tow bar fitter.i paid£70 for a local to me guy.the end result is a removable tow ball with iscrete fold out electrics socket. hope this helps you out.
dave f

·
Registered
143 Posts
For anyone unsure about the procedure with regards to fitting of tow bars and electrics, please refer back to what Frank posted on here at the beginning of this post, his information is spot on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts