Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,I ordered a 2008 on 4th September with a delivery date the end of November.
I currently drive a17 year old Golf Cabriolet,which i love as it was a surprise present 4 years ago. However it has seen better days and my kids are now embarrassed to be seen in it.
I loved the shape of the 2008 compared to the Renault Captur, so test drove both,preferred the 2008 as did my son, so placed an order. I have never had a brand new car before so am so excited but also a bit worried as have never had a Peugeot before.I've ordered the Active 1.2 petrol in Cumulus Grey.

·
Registered
311 Posts
<div style="display: inline !imant; ">Like you its our first brand new car and our first Peugeot car.

Except I think there is only one colour and that is Nimbus Grey

Welcome to the waiting room

·
Registered
144 Posts
welcome Wendy good choice

Also our first PeugeotAt first we were looking at bigger vehicles and test drove them all, the Honda crv being the winner ,But the cost
and as most of the journeys willbeshort and on country roadswe decided to look at the smaller compact suvs, but the car has to able to do comfortable motorway driving as well including the family.
we test drove all the competition (Vauxhall Nissan Renault kia to name a few)and the 2008 won hands down.
all other vehicles had things we tried convince our self would be ok or we,d get used to, or we could live with that. i.e. the drive, the quality, the cabin, its looks etc but on completing the 2008 test drive we both agreed that there was nothing not to like.
we took a bmw x1 second hand out for test drive, (a lot of money), and half an hour after were in the Peugeot demonstrator ,1 hour later doing the deal ,says it all

p. s. really surprised with the internal finish of the Peugeot quite upmarket (bmw peugoet take the badge off ?)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Wendy
I collected my 2008 2 weeks ago today and I love it, you won't be disappointed, it's a pleasure to drive.

Kate

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kate,
So glad that it seems ive made the right decision.Im on count down till mine arrives. What colour and model have you got,and any pictures would be good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an Allure with sunroof, sat nav, park assist leather and heated seats ( have to have the heated seats)' it's a 1.6 egc.
I had a Peugeot 207cc before, but really like the higher ride in the 2008. Oh and it's diesel and does about 75mpg with no tax! I have done around 350 miles so far and still have half a tank of fuel, hopefully I will be filling up one a month instead of 3 times a month.
I will try and upload some photos haven't been able to yet, it's pearlesant white, or would be if it wasn't covered in mud from a very wet m25 today.
I ordered mine at the end of June and could have had delivery in early August but chose to wait until 1st September. Hopefully you won't have to wait to long.

Kate

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Wendy and welcome to the club

We've found our 2008 to be very comfortable and smooth riding.

Very quiet when cruising.

A pleasure to drive.

Good luck.

Al.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its been 6 weeks now and the wait is doing my head in. I want my car now. I havnt even seen a 2008 on the road yet. My dealer said they will call as soon as they have a build date. I hope my old car is able to last another 6 weeks. Its on its last legs (or wheels).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, mine is being built on 29th October and like everyone still in the waiting room, I can't wait! It was ordered back in June and so not long now before I give up my 308cc for my new 2008! This will be my 2nd Peugeot having had BMW's - my personal experience of Peugeot compared to bm is why I have gone back to Peugeot, better value for money and after sales and service 2nd to none and reasonably priced - certainly not my experience of BMW!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Wendy and welcome, excellent choice of colour
hope to get mine within the next week or two.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Great choice, welcome aboard!

-Sam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a call from my dealer today. I have a build date. 12 th November. Not long now. He reckons 2-3 weeks for delivery, so on schedule for end November delivery

·
Registered
144 Posts
picked ours up today
loving it

Wendy 2-3 weeks will soon pass

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Wendy, asgrahame says it won't be long now that you have a build date and yes mine is cumulus grey you will be well pleased with your choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pugmania, now ive seen your photos ,im very happy with my colour choice. On countdown now till end November. Happy motoring

1 - 17 of 17 Posts