Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check if this was a general issue or if it was just me and I need to tell the service people next weekend.

I have thought for a while that it was a little odd that the ECO time didn't show up in the trip computer. So todauy I had it set to display the trip data. When the ECO kicked in, the timer started to increment. So that bit is working. But if I stop the engine with the key and start it again, the ECO timer gets reset to 0m 0s. I don't see the point of that? Surely you would want it to increment until you reset it yourself as if you were half way through a journey andd stopped for fuel, it would reset. Or is this just me?

Other thing I noticed is that the touchscreen readings and the dashboard readings are slightly different. Not by much and neglible really. The MPG is sometimes different by 0.1 and the miles travelled can be out by 1. Not a major, just a bit odd as I thought they would be getting the data from the same source.

The really odd one is the ECO timer though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Trevor,

I have done more than 1000 miles in a month and noticed that my2008 does the same thing with the Eco. I feel it is odd and ideally it should show the total ECO time. My previous car (Honda Insight) would keep on accumulating the ECO time by displaying increasing number of leaves and flowers on the display.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I thought this a little odd too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Trevor,

I thought that odd too but the manual says that this is how it operates, re-setting every time the car is restarted. Maybe we need a pen and paper to make a note every time before we turn the engine off :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts