Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 2014 2008 yesterday.

Firstly, can someone tell me please how I reset the mileage to zero (currently reading 258 on the pic below)? I've had a quick look at the handbook but can't find it.

Secondly, I noticed just now that the rubber seal around the window is damaged. I got the car from a Peugeot main dealer so I'm hoping that they sort it out FOC. Has anybody else had this problem with a Peugeot?

I also wasn't advised that the car missed its first service and only got serviced a few weeks ago (around 18k miles). There is a sticker in the service book which says that the first owner was contractually obliged to abide by Peugeot service standards so this would not affect the warranty, but is it likely to have done any damage? It's less than a year old and the first service is due at 1 year or 16k miles, so it's not that far over.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by: merle

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi
to reset the trip, press the reset button by the speedo and hold it in for about 5 seconds and it will reset.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Press and hold reset button for 2 sec it should flash and then rest to 0000

·
Registered
316 Posts
The rubbers l never seen looks as if they forced off, about service l be going back to dealer if you were told car had full service history and questions asked. Is the frame of door dented? Can't really see in picEdited by: Mik207

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is your car a 1.4HDi or 1.6HDi?

If the latter then being honest, I would take it back and ask for your money back - the 1.6HDi does not tolerate sloppy servicing and the ability for this engine to destroy its turbo as a result is well documented - frankly, Peugeot/ Citroen (PSA) extending the service intervals to 16,000 miles is widely perceived to be a bad idea by those familiar with the 1.6 'DW6' - any more is foolish to say the least. The car has a small sump (3.5L) and a recessed dump plug in the middle of the pan so getting all the old oil out is difficult, the longer oil is left in the more it degenerates and loses its viscous properties, eventually blocking strainers and starving the turbo of oil.

The 1.4HDi is a completely different design and has a 5L sump, despite being a smaller engine there are no issues that I'm aware of relating to lax servicing and I think it's intervals are longer anyway, it used to be 2 years or 20k like the 2.0HDi models where as the 1.6HDi was 2 years and 12.5K - often it was cars that had been left the full 2 years that had the issue (ie low mileage cars) but cars that had been serviced annually with 15-20k on them also suffered. I've seen the inside of a turbo on such a car, and it 'ain't pretty.

If you do decide to keep the car ask the Peugeot dealer to confirm the warranty position as Peugeot won't accept warranty claims due to the late service.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Frank. It's a 1.4 HDi. The service record has a sticker on it (see below). The first service was carried out at the main Peugeot dealer where I bought the car. I'll also email them to get them to confirm in writing that the lack of first service won't invalidate the warranty.

Mik207 - The door isn't damaged that i can see, it's just the rubber is warped. I've emailed them so will see what they say.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it - the 1.4HDi is a hardy engine and the sticker confirms the warranty is valid - it assumes the car has already had a service (which is a stretch!) but even so, 12 months old and 18k won't bother a 1.4HDi.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wonder if the windscreen has been replaced at some point and a poor job has been made of refitting the trim. I can't see one leaving the factory like that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it was mine it be going back to have new seals fitted, wouldn't accept that from a main dealer,

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it was my car l wouldn't accept that from a main dealer, l be looking for new seal to be fitted free

·
Registered
63 Posts
Regarding the sticker in the Service Book, this is indicative that the car was previously 'owned/used' by Peugeot themselves, probably as a demo or managers car. My previous 207sw (an ex-demo car) had such a sticker in it's Service Book and I was assured at the time that this is perfectly acceptable and valid for all purposes.

Evader

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry. Misinterpreted the picture. As the other respondents have said the dealer should fix this. The vehicle has almost certainly been owned by a commercial concern as the mileage is very high and in spite of their contractual obligations theymay not have looked after the vehicle very well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts