Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the 2008 for a month now and am more than pleased with it in every respect.More importantly SWMBO thinks its great CAR.
Just a small query I am sure I read somewhere that it had tyre pressure monitors but so far I have not been able to locate it.
Am I wrong ? or was I seeing things.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Digging out this old thread, as I have just seen mentioned in few places that apparently 2008s are supposed to be fitted with tyre pressure monitoring system, but I am not able to find anything about it in the car manual? Looking at the dash lights section I can't see anything related there either?

Page 128 of the manual talks about grip control...

How does this monitoring system works then (if it's there at all), and how would it alert me if the pressure drops?

Also, would it be possible to connect some kind of external monitoring device (similar to for example http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/The-best-tyre-pressure-monitors-/10000000178601550/g.html) with it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's on Pages 127 & 170 in my French manual.DO NOT FORGET, IF YOU CHANGE PRESSURES (UP OR DOWN) YOU MUST RE-INITIALIZE THE SYSTEM TO REGISTER THE NEW PRESSURES. You do this in "Driving" in the menus.
I found this out because the garage set all 4 tyres to 3.0 Bar instead of 2.2 Bar. I dropped them down and forgot to re-initialize the system.............after a few klics I panicked when I got warning messages!
Just shows that you need to read the handbook before delivery!

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is in the English manual too p127-128 as mentioned above. There is no system description, like how to replace sensors etc because there is no dedicated system. It uses the difference in wheel rotation speed, via the ESP system, to figure out if a tyre lost pressure. That is why it needs to be initialised when you inflate it which the correct pressure, it needs to know the correct rotation speed of the wheels. Edited by: skipper mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All! Just joined the forum! I have had my 2008 since Sept 14. Lo0ve it!I got a shock though this morning, as the tyre pressure light came on, telling me to check pressure on tyres and re-initialize the system. I assumed this meant one of my tyres is low. When I emerged and looked, they all looked fine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
on Peugeot 2008 1.2 2015 year
signaled
on the display
that
the tyre pressure
is low and
when J go in
service where
it
is
established that
a good
pressure
in all four
tyres and
restart
the
alarm
for
tyre pressure for OK
The service
told me
that the
most likely
consequence of a
hole
or a
stronger
vibration
on the road
even though
I did not feel
anything special
What do you think?

Edited by: Mandingo

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mathslady said:
Hi All! Just joined the forum! I have had my 2008 since Sept 14. Lo0ve it!I got a shock though this morning, as the tyre pressure light came on, telling me to check pressure on tyres and re-initialize the system. I assumed this meant one of my tyres is low. When I emerged and looked, they all looked fine. Any thoughts?

You would need to do more than just look at them, take it to an airpump and attach the pump, it will give you a read out of the pressures and go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts