Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New to this page & also new to my car.
I’ve had my 2008 just over a week now & I’ve got a few queries I’d like solved before I call the garage asking!
2 days after picking the car up I was doing a 20min journey & no longer than 70mph.
I noticed an alert came up on the screen about checking my tyre pressure bla bla bla.
So I checked all of my tyres, all of which were actually slightly over what is needed. So just assumed it was a malfunction & reset the alert via the touchscreen. The next week I was doing short journeys everyday like I usually would until exactly a week later on the same journey as before the alert appeared again? Is there a chance I have a slow puncture or is it just a fault eith the sensor as it seems strange it only appears when doing the same journey on the same road.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
without re-checking the pressures manually it will be hard to tell. You say all the pressures were a bit high, were they all the same?
it may be a slow puncture but it could (as you say) be an electronic glitch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one tyre that brings on the warning message every 2 weeks or so if I do not pump it up . I set the tyre pressure cold with a reliable pressure gauge 33 at the front and 36 lbs per square inch at the rear but it may be different on your model..The first time if happened I stopped the car and checked the pressures all seemed ok because the tyres were warm .The next time it happens wait untill the tyres are cold and then check if they are not down then it seems there is a sensor problem.mine come on when the pressure cold in the tyre drops to 28 lbs or so It is a front so drops 5 lbs .You comment how it seems to activate on the same journey well so does mine more often then not . It is very important to only check the tyres cold with a reliable gauge ,hot and cold can see big differences in the readings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since the alert is actually set by speed sensors on each wheel and the differences between them, I wonder whether one of the sensors may have an (intermittent?) issue? I had this turn up once on an outback dirt road. I checked the pressures when I found a town and there was no problem, but I reset the system anyway. No further problem for many many Kms. It has however occurred again twice when there actually was a slow leak, so it's behaved itself. I've done 50K. I wonder whether dust or something affects the sensor? I don't know, but probably worth telling the dealer. It's not a problem I've commonly heard about on these forums. If it's happening, it's happening, and you maybe now have some other people from which to gather info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts