Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys checked mine today and they were 2.4 Bar all round.According to sticker on passenger door they are 2.2 Bar all round. Thats without a carrying a heavy load.Whats is everyone else running.Mines a Feline on 205,s

·
Registered
68 Posts
I keep my fronts at 2.2 bar and my rears at 2.4

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i did Danny

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would like to resurrect this thread, to mention my 2008 tyre pressures also had 2.45bar (36psi) all round, I reduced front to 2.2bar (32psi) and rear to 2.3bar (34psi). I use a pressure stick to check, this has been faithful for over 40 years and is fairly accurate.
Not sure whether factory or dealer is responsible, I assume dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Standard numbers can usually be set higher by 10%. I am happy with about 2,5 bar but often set it to 2,8 and then it goes up to maximum 3 on motor way driving. Just be careful not to go higher than the wheel is classed for and you will be safe.
One should remember that driving elevates pressure anda change in temperature down lowers pressure 0,1 bar and the other way around too. I imagine it saves wear on modern tires.

Also, when driving in winter or sludge conditions ti is wise to lower pressure to about 2,2 to get maximum grip.

What is the logic with some having different pressure in front and back on a 2008?

·
Registered
222 Posts
elof881 said:
Standard numbers can usually be set higher by 10%. I am happy with about 2,5 bar but often set it to 2,8 and then it goes up to maximum 3 on motor way driving. Just be careful not to go higher than the wheel is classed for and you will be safe.
One should remember that driving elevates pressure anda change in temperature down lowers pressure 0,1 bar and the other way around too. I imagine it saves wear on modern tires.

Also, when driving in winter or sludge conditions ti is wise to lower pressure to about 2,2 to get maximum grip.

What is the logic with some having different pressure in front and back on a 2008?

Peugeot recommends 2.2 bar all round (as seen on door pillar), I carry a loading in the back so increase the rears to 2.3/2.4 bar.Edited by: old-yorky

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here comes my pennyworth, If car manufactures state the recommended tyre pressures, then that's what they should be set at.Our 2008 (Oct. 2016)110hp EAT6,has 17" Goodyear four-seasons tyres fitted as standard but Peugeot also fit Michelin 17" all seasons on this modelas well, to be set at 2.2bar (32psi)
If Peugeot state the tyre pressures, then that's what they should be.
If a driver changes the tyre pressure moreor less than the recommended one and they were involved in a accident, the Insurance may not meet the claim as the driver has gone against the correct pressure,
they may allow up to 0.138 bar(2psi).
Before any one thinks that I am talking a lot of codswallop, they should think again, before I retired I saw the remains of many People and Vehicles and although some pressures were only 2-5 psi over/under they had to face the music from the law and/or the Insurance company they are with.

Edited by: braingoing

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Roy,
I agree with you entirely but please note, the comment was regarding the tyre pressures the new car was delivered from the manufacturer with, mine was delivered with 2.45 bar all round, on the door pillar it states normal loading 2.2 bar all round, (for full loading the rears are increased to 2.4 bar) others have found the same as I have.Edited by: old-yorky

·
Registered
28 Posts
old-yorky said:
Hi Roy,
I agree with you entirely but please note, the comment was regarding the tyre pressures the new car was delivered from the manufacturer with, mine was delivered with 2.45 bar all round, on the door pillar it states normal loading 2.2 bar all round, (for full loading the rears are increased to 2.4 bar) others have found the same as I have.

OK, You, ONE............... Me ZERO.
I'm going to blame the error fairy, she lives inside my PC and she must be blocking some of the things that I read.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI! I just bought a new 2008 1.2 82hp petrol.
The car was wearing michelin energy saver plus , 205/55 R16 91V tires .On the psi value ,side label only 195/60 R16 89H and 185/65 R15 88T tires are mentioned , so I dont know the exact factory values given for my tires..any ideas?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Check the plate on the inside of the passengers door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts