Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst I'm very pleased with the standard level of equipment, there are a fewitems that I would have probably been prepared to pay extra for;
Active Cruise Control.
Emergency braking (The system to stop you hitting the car in front)
Keyless entry/start
Electric windows that work from the plip key.
Xenons (although I wouldn't have selected them anyway)
Maybe twin crome tail pipes, like those on the dieselCitroen DS3 Dsport ?
Sadly none of the above made the options list.

Theremust bemany more?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Heated front windscreen like they have on some Ford models.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Heated massage seats, refrigerated glove box, JBL audio option like other pugs, double glazing etc...

Problem is it would then lose the very competitive asking price which has made it such a hit with buyers. Jack the price up another 2 grand and it'd cost as much as the Crapturd with the 160bhp diesel option, and who would choose a 115 HDi if they could have 50% more power for the same price?

They've gone to a huge amount of effort to keep it class-leading light, and keep emissions down and economy high, and excess lard would undo that. The B segment market isn't one that traditionally maintains S class levels of kit for very valid technical and marketing reasons.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
193 Posts
allan40alt said:
Heated front windscreen like they have on some Ford models.
Plus 1.Also,

A reversing camera that activates on the dashboard screen..

Mac.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Red.

(I might have mentioned that before)

Metallic or flat, I'm not fussy.

140bhp diesel option would have been good too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would it be possible to connect a reversing camera to the centre screen?
Surely there must be a compatible solution

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's a CANBUS car, so probably. Not quite sure why you'd need one in a car barely big enough to seat adults in the rear.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, it's adios warranty, at least as far as it pertains to the cars electrics. Sparks aren't my thing, but theoretically it's straightforward. You'd need Planet to activate whichever input the camera is connected to, but seems easy enough. A quick Google search show It's quite a popular mod on CANBUS cars, particularly the Glof and Scirocco.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks Don, I think I would wait till end of warranty or an approved accessory.

Mac

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would of thought Peugeot could of sussed out keyless start by now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you,
I'm happy to 'manage' without the camera.

My wife has a reversing camera in her car and I still always look over my shoulder to reverse it.

She loves the camera though.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
...oh...front and rear centre armrests with storage.

Have we got the price up to £25K yet?

·
Registered
155 Posts
danny149 said:
I would of thought Peugeot could of sussed out keyless start by now!
No one has made a truly reliable and durable system yet. I'd be happy with a key that works rather than a slip of plastic that doesn't when parked near a mobile phone mast or in a thunderstorm.

The Heated screen is a nice idea, but Ford own the patents and charge quite a bit to licence them, so it's nit financially viable to pay the royalties to Frod to fit them to small cheap car.

I'd like to see a proper glove box, instead of pug doing their usual trick of treating RHD markets with contempt and not relocating the BSI a few inches to allow it.

But considering how cheap these cars are they're pretty well kitted as standard. We'll be keeping ours ling term, possibly a decade or more, so I'm happy to avoid silly fripperies that add little to the ownership experience but will likely prove troublesome as the car ages.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
193 Posts
For £25k I think we need automatic boot opening and closing. That is a worthwhile accessory Not!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Don Bernard said:
The Heated screen is a nice idea, but Ford own the patents and charge quite a bit to licence them, so it's nit financially viable to pay the royalties to Frod to fit them to small cheap car.
I recall reading somewhere that Ford's patent on the heated screens end soon.If that is the case we could see them on all sorts of cars.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I spec'd up an Audi A1 Sportback with all the options I wanted and it came to over £25K. Most of the Audi extras are standard on the Feline.

·
Registered
68 Posts
For an A1? That's really shocking as it's not a very big car!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's similar in size to the 208. The difference is everything worth having is extra, £695 for the panoramic roof, £125 for folding door mirrors, comfort pack £605 etc etc

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think the only thing I would have liked is theEmergency braking (The system to stop you hitting the car in front).

Although, the heated window screen would be very handy in winter time. Noone calls Ford names
, as I'm still driving one til the Peugeot turns up and my Fiesta is very Sensitive. She already through her side moulding on the motorway when we were talking about the Peugeot 2008.

And i'd like her to behave until she has been exchanged

1 - 20 of 23 Posts