Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be stupid but when peugeot quote having a boot space of 360l of which 22l is under the floor I am assuming you have to throw the spare wheel away in order to achieve this. Also I would like to know what peugeot think we would use the tiny cut outs in the polystyrene spacer be used for.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I guess space is space but quoting the wheel well as boot space is a bit disingenuous.I think what is in the wheel will varies by model, but there was enough space above my spare wheel for me to fit my fairly large first aid kit.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have more than enough room to store a 'holdall' which has a spare jacket with hood (in case I have to change a wheel in the rain or cold), spare polythene gloves (in case I have to change a wheel), multi-tool, spare bulbs, folding snow shovel (well it is winter), torch, first aid kit, box of tissues and various other bits n' bobs.

Not sure how they calculate the two areas but looking in the brochure I don't think they do include the spare wheel stowage area as the 'shade block' doesn't go below the the removable floor (in these pictures anyway).

PS: It's a lot larger than the 208 though and the under floor area is very handy.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look in the first two pictures at the bottom of the shaded area it has a bit more shaded area in the well I think this is the piece they are talking about. Blimey Alan you did well to fit all that in there. I too normally like to have a little kit like that hidden away... You never know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question, do you both have a full size spare or a space saver?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Space saver spare wheels are shown for all models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, on my Crossway, it too has the cutouts in the polystyrene and the shapes match the tools in the round plastic retainer in the space saver wheel, therefore i figure that you can store the tools in the polystyrene tray and dispose of the plastic retainer in the wheel.. but why would anyone do that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts