Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiCollected my car last week and I really don't like it at all. I don't like the ride, don't like the shapeof the roofand don't like that if the roof is wet I will get wet if the window is open. I don't like the looks people are giving me (one actually pointed and laughed, another asked if I could wait whilst they facetimed their partner - to laugh as well). Someone has asked me if its a car, 4x4 or what?!
I really liked it in the show room it looked so nice - even my car...think I made a mistake in getting it in black (my standard car colour) as it looks much better in white.
I am really upset that I now have to have it for at least 6 months before I can change it - a very expensiveerror

I told the showroom and they said - oh I am really sorry about that. Thanks Bye!!
But I must say I love the mpg I am getting, a weekly saving of £30 on my old focus!

·
Registered
540 Posts
The shape of the roof you'd have noticed before buying and assuming you test drove the car (please tell me you did...) then you'd know about the ride - as for rain coming off the roof that's common on most cars to be honest.

As for what other people think I wouldn't worry about it - we drove smart cars for years and loads of people would have a pop about it, especially with me being 6'4" and I used to be into weight lifting - most of the time people would 'accuse' me of being gay (as if that bothered me anyway) which I'd respond 'but at least I'm not a *+|&' - likewise lots of people try to wind me up about my A2 not being a proper Audi, toy car, woman's car etc etc... but then plenty are also genuinely interested. If somebody told me they were going to FaceTime someone to show them your car whilst taking the mick, if retort with something like 'well, at least I can change my car but your pretty much stuck with that face' or somesuch.

If you don't like it then you'll have to sell it on at some point, but don't let other people persuade you...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow !!!!

Chrissy, I read your post right to the end expecting there to be a punch line, or a twist to the tale.

Can't believe people are actually laughing at your car - can't really see what there is to laugh at - it's pretty much the same shape / size as quite a few other cars currently on the market, and like Frank say - smart cars are weirder looking than the 2008 - each to their own I suppose

..........as for everything in your post - well - not sure what to say, except what Frank says - surely you saw the shape of the car in the showroom, and asked for a test ride????

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is this for real?

If so I'm sorry you don't like your car. It is a shame has it's pretty good looking. But then again I am biased :)

I would have hoped you would have had a good test drive before spending so much of your hard earned cash on this car. That would have made sense to me.I had a test drive in another car before opting for this a Dacia car and i found the driving style uncomfortable after about 10mins on the road and a couple of roundabouts made me feel unsafe, my conclusion, this is not the car for me.

So my initial question, is based on you not realising these faults before you decided to go for it.

There are some people out there looking for your car and don't want to wait the 12 weeks so if you want to sell, put an ad out in Auto trader or trade in for another at the dealership.

Good luck with finding another that will suit you better.

I have had the opposite experience, most people point and then say it that new, wow, it's really nice. What is it?

Jinxx

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
TOWIE !! Take no notice of the idiots, they're just jealous cretins who like to think they are being funny.

The only car I can remember that didn't let rain run off into an open window had a gutter all the way along each side of the roof. It was a Hillman Minx.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'd be interested to hear why you don't like the ride - I think it's one of the outstanding features of the on road behaviour

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have had 4 people come up to whilst I have been sitting it the car and waiting for the wife just to ask all about it. To be honest that happened with my last car as well, I think its the newness and that fact that they are still quite a rarity on the road at the moment.

years ago I use to have a skoda rapide, that got lots of laughs and odd looks, especially when I opened up the bonnet to get stuff out (rear engine), even on the motorway they would point and laugh, I just used to put my foot down and go past them doing just under a ton ( they didn't know the thing was about to explode) and wave goodbye to them.

I have come down from a 2ltr seven seater to the 2008 and I find the ride lovely and smooth it has made me a much more controlled driver as I am determined to get a nice big saving on fuel compared to the old 26mpg of the old one.

as regards the stares , ignore them, there will be loads of these on the roads soon, and lets be honest what are the starers driving , bet its not a nice new economical car.

as regards the ride , not teaching you to suck eggs but have you tried a good reposition of seat including height etc . also check out the posts here as a couple of people have had some teething probs with their cars, could you have a faulty one that could be causing the bad ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your messages. They made me smile (and some laugh out loud!!). You made me think about it as well. And yes i did test drive it and tbh its great on the motorway but not so good on the side roads. BUT maybe thats me used to driving a petrol car for 15 yrs??
I did see it in the showroom but not in black and i think that was my mistake. It looks very different in other colours. As I've put 450 miles on it in a week i think i'll keep hold of it for 6 months and see what the money loss will be then. I think i'll read some other post and get a bit used to it. And work out how to change a track via the wheel! Thanks guys˜„

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im shocked at this post. I generally think this a really good looking car. Im 23 and have sold a mercedes SLK convertible and bought one of these and everyone I have shown have said it s a cracker. I thought I would get some stick for going from a flashy little sports car to a family crossover but not at all. I looked at qashqui's,sportage,audi q3 and bmw 1 series (though obviously not a crossover) and I thought this was the best looking of all, you dont see one every 8 minutes like all the others, full of useful equipment and great mileage compared to the rest. I really dont see what there is not to like. Also if someone had come to me and said that about the facetime they would have an iphone shaped imprint on there face...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't really understand this. My car is black and I think it looks stunning, and is certainly the best colour.There is no doubt that it does look very different in white but both look good.All the unsolicited comments I have had about my car have been complimentary.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it all boils down to personal opinions. I'm quite happy with mine.

As for the rain I come from an Auris and the amount of water that made its way into the vehicle with the Windows open (and closed - changed the rubber twice before the problem was fixed) was considerable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At the other end of the scale I had a range rover evoque owner tell me he loved my nimbus grey 2008 1.6 eHDI ECG. He couldn't take his eyes off it and told me he thought it was a beaut! He asked if he could take a few snaps for his mrs as he was seriously considering cutting his losses on the evoque and getting a 2008. Especially when I told him how great I'm finding the 6 sp ECG box (compared to the3008) and I'm getting a combined mpg over my first 2k of 62.7 MPG !!! You'll find a lot of jealous people at the sight of a new motor. Flip em the bird and tell em to get made love to. Funny how deadbeats will laugh at a piece of kit worth over £18,000 - they're probably gutted their dole doesn't allow em to ride a bus!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
- Happy me
Have traded in the 2008 after someone keyed the whole left side...am going for a Ford Kuga and I pick it up in 5 days.....I am soooooo happy!
When the dealership priced my car it was only worth £11000, meaning on the trade in I lost 4k!! The dealer was also told that it would lose £1k per month I owned it as they were unable to sell them at volume new never mind second hand! I am glad I got out quickly, even if it has cost me a fortune. Thanks for all your kind words everyone and I hope you all continue to enjoy your cars.

·
Registered
144 Posts
lets hope you took a long test drive and gave it the once over (the all over)and thought of everything
, so can enjoy your new car this time
The kuga is a different vehicle, much bigger and way more expensive. BUT NICE

Strange isn't it, my wife's colleague sold her kuga and replaced with a 2008,(The kuga just a bit to big toregularly travel the lanes down here in Devon(10 miles daily of Devon back lanes to get to work and back))her partner told me he managed to sell the kuga losing over £5000.00 and considering he had a discount of £3500 off when purchased that's £8500 off list in 16 MONTHS ouch
, but he bought 3 month old 2008 demo with £3600.00 off list (part exchange the kuga against the 2008 would have been a further £1200 out off pocket).

BY THE WAY SHES LOVES HER 2008, but she also loved her KUGA, but the size makes life so much easier.

part of the joy off a brand new car is the first years deprecation
I think not, but it happens with every new car, but we know that when purchasing and take that into account, our last car we had for over12 years so great value, not sure my wife will wait that long again for a new car.

Another friend is looking for a feline diesel 6 speed white or black but cant really afford a brand new one and hoping to find private one for saleas dealer second hand or ex demo prices still to close to new after discount, shes looking at grey one this weekend with her partner who works in BMW body shop, says something.

Anyway CHRISSYlets hope you can have HAPPY MOTORING

1 - 14 of 14 Posts