Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I've been searching the forum, but I've not come to any conclusion.

Is it possible to update from SMEG (3.x) to SMEG+ (5.x)?

Was it just a software update, or it was also an hardware update?

If it is just software, and if it is possible to change between these two "versions", is it worthwhile making that update?

Edited by: paulo.ricardo

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Paulo

see below nicked from the 208 site.

Hi,
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">ill try and help. did you download it from the link I posted as I had the same problem before using someone elses and managed to download it off my linkhttps://mega.co.nz/#F!ncsWBLSb!XVtlgXclrkVESekOHs2J6A
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">once you have downloaded it you don't need to create a file on the usb stick. unzip the file to the usb stick and it should automatically create the file smeg_upg, you don't need to change the name or anything on that folder. once on your usb stick just put it straight into the car when its started and it should start updating.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">are you using WinRAR to unzip it? as that's what I used.

You might want to read ALL THE WAY THRO'THIS THREAD

http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/208-smeg-updates-firmware_topic578_page1.html

hope that helps

·
Registered
398 Posts
The SMEG and SMEG + have different methods for update, so be careful ...
Also if put SMEG + to SMEG hw., probably will have some GPS issues...

If your SMEG is working fine, leave it...is better than a bricked SMEG+ :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answeruncletone.

george2104 said:
If your SMEG is working fine, leave it...is better than a bricked SMEG+ :)

I share the same opinion. I was just wandering if SMEG+ had some "must have" feature unavailable in SMEG or if it just a different "look & feel". :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The thing is there is a lot of trivial and less trivial bugs and issues with the original infotainment system if you could improve it it could be worthwhile.That said as the hardware appears to be different it is likely to be not possible, at best it's risky. Edited by: burty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts