Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nope, called and spoke to Les, they'll not tell me how to remove the glovebox :(

So will have another go :)
Hi Marky,
To remove the glove box it's just a case of removing the fixing screws which are quite obvious. You then have to jiggle and pull the glovebox towards you as it is also clipped into place at the back. You need to be fairly forceful but it comes out cleanly. Replacement is the reverse but much easier. .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks Candaer, will give it a go and report back, I may even record the attempt and upload on YouTube as there's nothing on there re the 2008 :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've now taken some photos of the glovebox removal. I'm a better mechanic than cameraman so bear with me!!!
1)Remove the two star 20 screws from the underside of the glovebox. They are offset to the right of the glovebox lid. The glovebox lid stays on the glovebox - this just releases the fixings (Photo 1)

2) Open glovebox box lid and remove the fuse box cover to reveal a star20 screw to remove. (Photo2). The screw has been removed from the white bit in the photo.

In the right hand top corner of the glovebox is another star20 screw to remove.(Photo3). Top of photo.

You should have now removed all four star20 screws. As you can see from photo4 the glovebox is now only held in place by numerous spring clips. You have to jiggle the glovebox from side to side at the same time as pulling it to release these clips and free the glovebox. It does take a bit of effort. Refitting is the reverse of this procedure but easier. Take care to check that all the spring clips are still in position before refitting.
Hope this helps.
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Candaer, I really appreciate the time and effort taken.

Hopefully removal will mean better access to the fuse box...here's hoping!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Marky!
Yes - this will give you the access you need for the fusebox to add piggyback fuses etc. Hope it goes well.
Chris

21 - 26 of 26 Posts