Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
urgent help needed. I have a 63 plate 2008 and it went for its first service last December, since I got it back I have noticed if you turn the steering to a certain degree there is a noise from what I can only describe as the wheels or from underneath the car. Has anyone had same problem, I am a bit worried as the car has just come off its warranty, we have not used the car for a few days now because of this.

Urgent reply needed please

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Have you thought about taking it back to the dealer that serviced it? Or at least talking to them about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have spoken to them today, they said they will call me back..... but just wanted to check to see if there has been similar problems. Looking through some other threads its seems there has been but no one has come up with a definite response from peougeot

·
Registered
398 Posts
The noise is when driving, when parked, or both? Where is the point of noise as "clock" ? (considering 12o'clock as upper, and 6 as lower position of steering wheel)...As you describe it, can loose pressure from steering drive (don't know the English term, but is hydraulics of steering wheel), and at some point just take air. This can be inspected visually under the car, as if the hydraulics loose oil, you will see oil spots on one part of direction hydraulics control.
This is a nasty thing, as the direction can be repaired but there is a risk to be damaged again (the oil stoppers work with microns, not milimetters :( )
Or maybe you have a forgotten fork from the service guys, when they cooked a stake on your engine :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi George,
I have only noticed while driving but not at fast speed, it happens at the extreme end of 6 and 12 and the clucking noise goes on until you straighten the wheels

·
Registered
398 Posts
Go check the oil in hydraulics ASAP. The noise have big chance to be from the hydraulics pump that has a lack of oil inside. In this case, if the presumption is true, you must check why have lost oil, 90% from this failure is because the garnishment from the end of hydraulic corrodes or is hit by something. As we talk about microns here, there will be no alternative but change the direction hydraulic or recondition it (in recondition mode is 70% success rate to spray the graphite cover as must be).Hope for you that is another cause for this sound.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Good luck...the sound is like a pump that catches "bubbles"...the sound at Seat I know already (changed the electro-hydraulics after 8 years), and is in the "high sounds", like tweet, not bass...Hope not to find out how is PUG sound :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts