Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just had a email re an urgent safety recall. Apparently the non-return valve inside the fuel tank may not conform to specification. They want to check the condition of the valve and replace tank if necessary. Anyone else got this?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Marie, I had the same letter waiting for me tonight. Looks like we'll both be heading back to our dealerships....

Thanks for the info Light

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Katie, just saw your original post. Will be on the phone first thing. Luckily I'm off tomorrow (supposed to be going on a walk through the City of London) but I doubt I'll be that lucky to get a slot that soon.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm booked in for Tuesday (my next day off), did you have any luck today Marie?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, It,s going in on Wednesday. Hopefully it won't talke too long

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No idea. Mine's a petrol and I think Katie is as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nothing heard by this diesel owner.

·
Registered
506 Posts
"Madam" has checked with Peugeot and it appears this is affecting both Petrol and Diesel models, but only certain ones.

They are apparently replacing "the cover" and the local dealer has had vans, 208 and 2008 in.

They told her that they haven't replaced any tanks only "the covers", and mostly on Diesels at their Dealership.

They also mentioned that Peugeot may release another batch of letters if they think there may be other models needing a recall.

But nothing for "madams" car yet.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine went in today.

I arrived for my "waiting" appointment and after an hour of making polite conversation with an elderly gentleman about his coach holiday to Scotland and how good his mobility package is, I decided to enquire at the service desk as to why my car wasn't yet in the workshop. I was advised that the car needed to cool down before work could commence on the fuel tank. I'm quite a compassionate person - I didn't want to be responsible for injuring a mechanic so I made myself and my new companion a drink and continued to wait.... After an hour and a half my car had made it into the workshop but work had still not commenced. I smiled politely and asked why. Apparently they were getting the part. The man behind the desk looked a little scared (I think he knew that my patience was wearing thin) and asked if I would like to speak to the manager. I declined but suggested that they might like to get the work started immediately. Thankfully for all involved they did.

The work itself took about half an hour and was all based around the back seats of the car. They said that they replaced the part which needed replacing under the recall notice. The car really whiffed of petrol when it was returned to me and I was advised to keep the windows open for a little while. Anyway, it is all sorted. Hopefully your dealership will be better than mine Marie!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Katie,
Well it is going into a Robins & Day so who knows how long it's going to take. I'll leave it and wonder over to Sainsburys for breakfast and read of papers. Hopefully It won't be too long. I'll bear the smell of petrol in mind!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I hope that goes well Marie,

You never know Sainsburys might have a sale on .......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Do they do designer handbags? (Those with a little leather doggie thinggie!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know about bags but their breakfast was horrible. Dodgy sausages

Well it went in about 9 and was ready to be picked up about 1. They had to replace a sealant. They also carried out a complimentary health check and cleaned inside & out. Customer services have improved at Robins & Day
. Still smells of fuel inside this morning. I couldn't leave windows open yesterday because of the rain but it is fading.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad you got there in the end.

I don't know about leaving the windows open, if you did where you live they'd be off with your "Gerty" or fill her full of rubbish. Wise decision put up with the smell.

At least when you take her skiing and roll it in the snow at least you won't pollute the snow with spilt petrol now.

Have a good day

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Marie,

You said that they had to replace a "sealant"

Do you know exactly what it was they did. We've heard from our local dealer that they were replacing "covers" and in extreme circumstances "fuel tanks".

I just wonder what they were doing for 4 hours, as the work we are told is booked in for 1 hour. Unless you mean you took it in at 9.00 am and couldn't collect it until 1.00 pm. Which would mean that they just did it when they got round to it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Glad you got it sorted Marie.

Do the dealerships claim back the "hours worked" from Peugeot in such cases? My car was with the dealership for over 2 hours when the work took just over half an hour. Sorry to sound sceptical but could the delay be a way of making extra money for the dealership?

The works involved both back doors being open and the mechanic kneeling on the floor and leaning into the car (both sides). I must admit that I thought that it would involve the external petrol cap

Pilot - my "little leather doggie thinggie" got into a nasty tangle with my trolley in Morrisons the other day. It flew onto the floor and was quickly grabbed by a woman who tried to stuff it into her pocket! I almost had to call security to get it back.
I can't re-attach it (its collar has broken) so I'm going to have to buy a new bag I think

1 - 20 of 24 Posts