Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got a 20 plate 2008 allure on Saturday and having problems connecting our phones to it. It'll connect via Bluetooth and let us do calls, sms and music but not navigation.
When plugging in via USB using 6 different wires the phones will charge but not connect to the console, the USB option in sources stays faded.
We both have android auto installed on our phones so unsure what else to try at this point. I've reset the profiles too to no avail.
Please does anyone have any idea on what else we could do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Got a 20 plate 2008 allure on Saturday and having problems connecting our phones to it. It'll connect via Bluetooth and let us do calls, sms and music but not navigation.
When plugging in via USB using 6 different wires the phones will charge but not connect to the console, the USB option in sources stays faded.
We both have android auto installed on our phones so unsure what else to try at this point. I've reset the profiles too to no avail.
Please does anyone have any idea on what else we could do?
Hi had a similar problem couldn't connect phone for android auto, after just getting the car. Went back to the dealership and they were perplexed too, untill a young technician came in and they asked him as well. He said straight away are we using the cable supplied with the phone, answer yes and another cable. He replied not good enough needs to be a data cable, I asked whats the difference and he said the cable supplied and most generic cables are basically just charging cables although they will connect with a pc and transfer. But to use Android auto it needs to be a faster cable (Data), we got one from Tesco whilst shopping that night (cost £12) but hey it worked and now get connection all the time, so I plummed mine into the car so I didn't have dangling cables. It must say on the package Data cable, and don't be fooled by the cheaper ones that are on ebay/amazon, we found most through friends don't work on android auto. Hope this helps

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi had a similar problem couldn't connect phone for android auto, after just getting the car. Went back to the dealership and they were perplexed too, untill a young technician came in and they asked him as well. He said straight away are we using the cable supplied with the phone, answer yes and another cable. He replied not good enough needs to be a data cable, I asked whats the difference and he said the cable supplied and most generic cables are basically just charging cables although they will connect with a pc and transfer. But to use Android auto it needs to be a faster cable (Data), we got one from Tesco whilst shopping that night (cost £12) but hey it worked and now get connection all the time, so I plummed mine into the car so I didn't have dangling cables. It must say on the package Data cable, and don't be fooled by the cheaper ones that are on ebay/amazon, we found most through friends don't work on android auto. Hope this helps
Me too

Android auto & mirror link. | Peugeot 2008 Forums (2008ownersclub.co.uk)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry - not very clear. Here is my post from the thread:

I also had problems with Android Auto only connecting intermittently. I bought one of these in my local Tesco a while back to replace a charger that was no longer working:

Tesco Micro Usb In Car Charger - Tesco Groceries

The USB cable is detachable and when I plugged it into the car's USB port I found that Android Auto worked fine for me and has done ever since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, as above I just bought a 2018 Allure, I can make calls and small but no sat nav through android auto/Google maps. Is this just a cable issue as I also tried it just being connected via Bluetooth but still doesn't work.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi, as above I just bought a 2018 Allure, I can make calls and small but no sat nav through android auto/Google maps. Is this just a cable issue as I also tried it just being connected via Bluetooth but still doesn't work.
Android Auto only works via a cable connection not Bluetooth. As per the previous posts, not all cables carry data - those supplied with phones are only suitable for charging, I believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Android Auto only works via a cable connection not Bluetooth. As per the previous posts, not all cables carry data - those supplied with phones are only suitable for charging, I believe.
I guess I'll hunt down a data cable and keep my fingers crossed.
Thank you 🙂

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
did you find a USB that works?
We have just bought a 17 plate 2008 and have connected 2 different Samsung phones (a S9 and S20+ ) and both will show USB music but no android auto. When I click the Connect a Car in the app it just says to connect a USB cable. I have tried 4different ones and also Bluetooth but no luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't found a cable that works yet 😭
I've tried 5. If anyone who has one that works could post a link to where they got theirs please, that would be brilliant.

Thanks[

QUOTE="MuminLaw2, post: 27627, member: 5962"]

Hi,
did you find a USB that works?
We have just bought a 17 plate 2008 and have connected 2 different Samsung phones (a S9 and S20+ ) and both will show USB music but no android auto. When I click the Connect a Car in the app it just says to connect a USB cable. I have tried 4different ones and also Bluetooth but no luck!
[/QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't found a cable that works yet 😭
I've tried 5. If anyone who has one that works could post a link to where they got theirs please, that would be brilliant.

Thanks
Hi,
I'm thinking it's more the connector in the car that is faulty? Every cable I connect, the phone continually asks me to reconfirm connection. Might see about a replacement connector

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 Puretech 110 EAT S/S Allure 2017.
88 Posts
Hi,
I'm thinking it's more the connector in the car that is faulty? Every cable I connect, the phone continually asks me to reconfirm connection. Might see about a replacement connector
Try someones apple phone and that will show if the in car connector is working.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I posted a link earlier in this thread to a cable I bought from Tesco. It has worked with 2 Samsung android phones. Unfortunately I have just checked the link and it appears to be no longer available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts