Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
We just bought a 2008 Allure PureTech from 2019. It doesnt have satnav which we knew but we'd assumed that there would be a usb connector standard to connect a phone. The plastic cover with the USB cut out is there next to the old style 12v connector.. however there is no usb connector present.
Is the USB connector normally sold as an extra? What would it cost to have one fitted or is it doable to install one myself?

Many thanks!

Love the car btw.. Very nice to drive

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 1.2 GT-Line EAT6 Ultimate Red
29 Posts
As far as I'm aware all models should have a USB socket from Active upwards. I'm thinking that perhaps yours may have been pushed in by some heavy handed person and that it is there behind the opening.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What do you want to use the USB for, if just charging then buy sommat for the cigar lighter like a flush fit usb insert.

If you've just bought it and it isn;t there (when it should be) then take back to the supply garage to rectify, if a private seller your a bit stuck.

I ensured I tested everything from USB/cigar lighter, (fog lights, number plate lights, electric windows, heated seats, pan roof, steering wheel/seat adjust) and grip control before buying. If as Mooi has stated it should be there then an auto-electrician may be able to fish it out if beyond your abilities.

I

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 1.2 GT-Line EAT6 Ultimate Red
29 Posts
I use the USB in my car to play music from a stick and I'll be using it to update the maps as well, as I did in my 3008. I had to get a smaller car after losing my wife to cancer in January and the 2008 has proved to be ideal for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked with a flashlight and the connector does seemed to have been pushed in. The one thing i I didn't spot when buying the car. Will contact the dealer and get them to fix it.
Thanks for the quick replies (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts