Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me im just being a dufus or i havnt tagged my music correctly but this music system is really irritating me and i've only had the car a day!!

there is no menu to select an artist and play all the songs that artist has done, the main music menu shows a jumble of artist names and albums in no particular order. the closest i have got is selecting my music via the usb file explorer but because they are folders i can only select one album to open i cant open them all.

tomorrow i will post some photos to show you what i mean. i just dont understand it?? no other music software or music playing device has ever had issues with my files and they have all given me the option to play via artist not just give me an option of "playlist" or "favourites" or just a random mess.

i have also noticed it cuts some songs short, what the hells that about??

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Mine all come up by album.

You have to make sure you avoid any dots . colons : dashes- slashes / etc in the album/track title.

It reads them as a folder and can't open them.

PS: You may find the answer here:

<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" ="tableBorder" align="center" style="width: 968px; color: rgb44, 44, 44; font-family: Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"><t><tr ="oddTableRow"><td>USB not reading .mp3 files?</td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
72 Posts
jonnyg30 said:
there is no menu to select an artist and play all the songs that artist has done.
I Think you are right, i use an ipod and the music is all tagged and sorted it all works fine, except when i go into The menu you can only choose to select a playlist or genre, there is no button for album or playlist. I have about 8.5k of songs and about 50 playlists, but if like yesterday i just want to play everything by one artist i cant, unless i make a playlist in itunes.

I Also noticed that you cannot search for an artist or song, seems like an omission to me.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mine are all presented as Albums in Artist order. Selection is limited to selecting album and track within the album, (playing in sequence of course), or random play of the tracks from the album (not particularly useful) or random play of the entire collection.

If your tracks are not being presented by Artist - Album then you have a problem with the mp3 tags not being correctly defined in the individual files. This seems a common problem and one which our media system doesn't seem to deal with very well.

The problem with the tracks being cut short is something other users have had probems with. This also appears to relate to the mp3 tags or the images in the file. See the following topic:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/mp3-audio-cuts-before_topic457_page1.html

I had a Parrot system in my 207 and with that you could select by artist, by folder, by genre, by album etc etc. It was much more versatile and what you would expect to be available in any system to be honest.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so im not being a fool there is no "play by artist" option like every single music player in the history of the world!!!

i spent 3 days correcting all my tag data (it was how i imagine purgatory
) so i know thats not the issue. and as mentioned above no other device or software has ever had an issue albeit a couple of hundred traks listed as "unknown artist" but that should be sorted now.

it's reading all my music my issue is with how it has decided to sort it out and the lack of ability to select an artists name and play all there tracks opposed to going into the artist folder and having to select one album to play.

i think what i may have to do is set the mem stick up for the car by removing all the album sub folders annoying but needs must. thinking i may just buy a new ipod.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dont think its a tagging issue, my ipod is designed to work like that i can go in and search by artist, or just click on artist and i have a full list of artist to peruse, so the tags have to be right for this to work, the point we are making is that the media player just has no way to select a single artist.

If as you do, just plug in a usb stick it needs to be tagged correctly to show up, but as you say this will only be in album and artist order, if all your albums were compilations and you wanted to hear all of adelle songs there is no way for you to do this.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after a short trip to go fetch a new home cinema system ive managed to find a way to do it!!! it's still annoying but hey the desired effect is got lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jonnyg30 said:
after a short trip to go fetch a new home cinema system ive managed to find a way to do it!!! it's still annoying but hey the desired effect is got lol

Any chance of you sharing the method?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and after finally getting some time to have a proper play with it, it all becomes apparent!! the cheap sods, shame on you peugeot!! apologies if im pointing out the obvious but it's the first i have had chance to look into this and have a play. it hasn't sorted my music out properly nor gives an option to sort by artist because there is NO music sorting it's just a basic file explorer software.

i have a mixture of artists and albums displayed in the main menu because some main folders have sub folders for albums and others are just the artist folder with some songs in it. the software displays only the folder name for the lowest folder/sub folder containing files.

this means music tag data is virtually useless for this system as it doesnt read it, my kids have toys 10x more advanced than this!! i expect to see this sort of thing on super cheap imported camera software and the like but not a 2014 £20k car!!! this technology is archaic, very very poor!

so the 2 ways to get round it,

1) ensure all files are kept in folders by artist name, enter the root menu by clicking the now playing album art. scroll up and click the "one up" button, keep clicking until you reach the highest menu. you should now see a list of all the artists in alphabetical order (numbers, upper case, lower case) from here you can scroll find an artist select an album and a song. when playing if you you continue to skip it will skip through to the next album when the last song of that album has played and will go to the next. it will also go through to the next artist. unfortunately there is still no shuffle artist doing it this way but you can shuffle that album.

2) remove all sub-folders (albums) from the main artist folder so you are left with just a big list under that artist.
now when you plug the card in you should be displayed with a list of artists strait off and you can select shuffle for those artists however you will loose the ability to find and play a single album under that artist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts