Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I just downloaded a ton of music to a USB disc on key. When plugging it in to the usb port of my 2015 peuogeot 2008 the USB option on the screen is greyed out so I am unable to play my music.
Am I doing something wrong here?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The description 'USB Disk' maybe the clue, is the usb device a large capacity mini hard drive or a limited capacity Flash memory.Only lower capacity flash memory will work, I use a max of 16 Gb.
Hard drives devices will not be recognised

·
Registered
112 Posts
Or the format used on the 'Key' FAT is best

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You may find this thread of interest:

<table align="center" ="tableBorder" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3"><t><tr ="ableRow"><td align="center"><div ="topicIcon" style="-: 'forum_s/topic.png';">
</td><td><div style=":left">USB not reading .mp3 files?

</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have 32Gb, almost 19 Gb of music...Works. Formatted Fat32. Also multiple directories (but not subdirectories !!!). Works only in the USB port AUX, not in the middle one...seems that middle USB does like only max 16Gb USB I have also.If stays and read a lot, use a tool to change the names of mp3-s to standard ASCII...will read it very fast.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,Greetings from Malta
I have just got the 2008 active model and what happened to you also happened to me.I know for sure that the usb must be formatted in fat 32 format.Mine was and still grey icon on screen.This was a 16gb size usb. I.I then replaced it with a 4gb one and it worked perfect.I would recommend a small 4-8gb size,formatted in fat 32 and a class10 usb type.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My San Disc 64GB 'stick' music seems to indicate a max of 4000 tracks and if I swap to our 308 and back, won't 'shuffle' without a number of attempts,using the cars audio system,
Everything else seems fine but I wonder why selecting 'shuffle all tracks' seems to need to be done at least twice with fingers crossed.
Anyone got any ideas for this tech muptie?.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts