Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

USB not updating with new tracks

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  george2104 
#1 ·
Greetings

Two weeks into my ownership of a shiny white 2008 Allure down here in New Zealand and very happy so far.

Apologies if this has been covered - I've searched the USB threads, but none answer my query.

Using a 32Gb USB stick. Copied files on initially and the USB stick was read in seconds and tracks displayed with artwork etc, all good. Happy with response to changing tracks, sound quality, etc, all good.

Then I added some more MP3, all correct formats, etc, but the system doesn't see any of the new tracks. I've just driven for over an hour and none have been added.

Is there a way to force a "refresh" of the USB stick listings?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

#2 ·
USB media should refresh every time it's plugged in or whenever the car is started.I'm not aware of any way of doing this manually apart from unplug/plug.

Anyone knows if the Pug leaves some scan database file on the stick that could be removed for a full refresh? (Still waiting for my car to be delivered)

#3 ·
The first thing I would try is insert a different usb key, or remove it and run it through the start and play cycle, then turn off and do the same with the original usb key.

#4 ·
Thanks guys - no there's no hidden cache or log file in the USB stick, but I deleted a few tracks and it reread the stick. I checked and was well within the 5000 track limit and so it wasn't that.

I'll see if it happens again when I add some more tonight and will report back.

Thanks
Richard

#7 ·
I also have problems with update, on some USB stick (16 Gb Kingmax). It seems that when the unit hashes the files for playlist, also verify them.
I had 3 corrupted mp3, and the player did not displayed the directories, started to play but without showing playlist.
Had checked mp3 and found that 3 corrupted, now is going great.
I have 10 Directories, every one have from 10 to 700 mp3-s inside. (i don't think i have 5000, maybe 1500 total mp3's).
So I advice you to put the USB in Laptop, start a check for cross-linked files, then with a mp3 free program check for mp3 corrupted files.

In my every Directory i placed a jpg image,thatis showed at directory selection on touch screen...
Good luck.

#8 ·
Not to forget, maybe is important...After i close the car, i leave the USB in USB port...even for a couple of days...
I remember that I had one time when was not reading, I have stopped the engine, removed the car key, closed the car, then opened, started engine, and ta-daa...all OK...but this happened once.
(with USB out, USB back in, was not working, same problem).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.