Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting 260/280 miles out of a full tank of petrol on a 1.2vti surely this is not right. I am not driving like a boy racer quite the opposite doing all I can to get more mpg to no avail. What's everyone else's experience of the 1.2vti.

·
Registered
284 Posts
There must be something wrong somewhere veri100, looking at past posts I would have thought you should be achieving somewhere around the 40mpg mark. What are your average mpg readings coming out at?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car was in the dealers today for a whole host of stuff. Getting new boot struts and seats as mine have split like a few others. They had a look at the engine mapping and couldn't find anything wrong apparently but after driving 20 miles since leaving I'm now getting 40/42 mpg never had that always been around 30. So I'm sure they have done something even if it's just some kind of reset.

·
Registered
79 Posts
veri100, the garage may have reinstalled the software for the engine management system / engine control unit (ECU).They tend to try this approach when they can't find anything obvious that's causing a particular issue.If you get a reoccurrence of poor fuel consumption then take it back to the garage again. Sometimes a fault in a circuit board can cause corruption of the software or a fault in the ECU, in which case a replacement will be required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts