Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I keep comming on the forum to check for any new posts, info or experiences of the 2008 but find very little going on....... Are these cars really so uninteresting that nobody has anything to contribute??? I'm still waiting to pick mine up but when I do I'll have lots to report on how I'm getting on with it. Come on get the info flowing I need things to read to kill the time Tic Toc Tic Toc

·
Registered
107 Posts
As some of us have owned our 2008 for nearly a year the majority has all already been discussed. Surely it's a good thing there aren't many issues to talk about

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I agree with the fact that lots must have been discussed but all the positives would make great reading for people waiting to experience them. Photos of interesting places you have been In your cars it all helps to develop the forum. Only a thought.

·
Registered
72 Posts
had ours since 1st feb 2014, came from a huge 2ltr 7str chevvy orlando, i did test drive the 90bhp, but i was scared of not having enough oomph so went for the 115.

After 3500 miles i am constantly being impressed with the super smooth ride, smooth gear changes and the amount of poke the car has its as nippy or even nippier being smaller than the chevvy . Overall really impressed. Yes obviosly not as much room as 7 seater, but the kids are all passing their tests soon so i wont need a big car. Done a couple of long runs and didnt get uncomfortable or excessively tired.

I Love the speed limiter going through those 50mph roadworks on the motorway are a breeze. yet i hate the cruise control, on all other cars you just touch the throttle and the cruise deactivates not in the 2008 you can still accelerate you have to touch the brake or switch it of yourself , just doesn't feel right.

Have a few minor bugs with the audio as i use an ipod it pretty much pleases itself when it resets a playlist, when you switch on or after a phone call, its annoying but doesn't stop me loving the car.

Still look out of the window and think She's mine all mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tontinuk that's more like it . I've ordered a Feline with the 115 engine and 6 speed box can't wait to get my hands on it.More of the sane from other members now please.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Blacktdi, you are going to be well pleased with your feline 115 it's asuper car, mine is Peugeot number six and for me the turbo diesel with a six speed box is a great combinationthat works very well.After owning the car for six months now I still look forward to each trip because it's a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree the forum is fairly quiet.... I'm also part of the VW Tiguan forum which is very busy with hints and tips. However it's probably because it covers the world... Entries as far afield as New Zealand.
I wonder if we can encourage our continental neighbours to participate?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe the owners on here are just to busy enjoying the ownership! You can't fit to many more accessories to a car that comes with the spec that these seem to have. And as they are all still under warranty repairing them is not an issue, it would be nice to see photos of cars in exciting places that people have travelled to...........

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have also found things a bit quiet lately and as I await collection on 17June (ex-demo Bianca White Allure 1.6 eHDI EGC) I am frequently accessing this forum (resisted making it my home page as my wife uses the same PC) and constantly looking for 2008's on the road or in car parks. Although not technically new, it will be the my newest ever and the first to have a current 'year plate'.

Right now it is showing on the Dealers webpage as having only 537 miles on it. I have been told that they are keeping it to the back of their storage area, boxed in by other cars so they have to use their Active demonstrator, which is showing nearly 3k miles.

My current car is a 207sw 1.6 HDI Manual, now 6 years old with 41k miles - bought as ex-demo. My wife has a 107 Active, also ex-demo on a 12 plate with just over 2k miles. Before I retired I had a 308 1.6 HDI EGC for about a year and we both just loved the easy driving style of it.

I am having the rear bumper protector, mud flaps and rubbing strips fitted before collection. I already have the rubber boot tray as I know our Labrador will be keen to try it out - another reason for a run out in the car. Otherwise the only difference that I might have made if ordering a new car might have been to have the pano roof as the current 207 has one. Having said that, we often have to close the blind on sunny days as it can easily get to warm. The discounted price of the ex-demo car does tend to concentrate mind somewhat!

As Blacktdi says above - with such a high spec'd car, there's not that many addons required. The Main Dealer is about 70 miles away from home, so I am hoping not to get any reason to return to them - my local MD should carry out any warranty work should it be required. I have even worked out how to get there on buses using my free bus-pass.

Really looking forward to enjoying the new car and can't see too many piccies of them!

Evader

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Well I'm trying to do my bit!!

Get all your new LEDs on order, that will pass a bit of time!!

The weather hasn't been up to much over the past few days so I've polished mine twice all over.

Luckily I have a decent size garage so I can do it in the rain and keep nice and dry.

I fitted the fold flat step stool between Mrs T's 206 and my 2008 and did the wheels today. They're sparkling.

Her 206 is a bit dirty as we've been using that in this mucky wet weather. I can't be taking my pristine car out in that!!

Al.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Blacktdi - Here is my 2008 watching the motor racing at Cadwell park! Exciting enough?? Glad I remembered to put the handbrake on, or I could have ended up on the track myself!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Black tdi
Not sure if you have picked up yours yet? but it must be soon.
I hope to post some piccies when I return from a trip, starting this W/E, France, Pyrenees, Andorra, Then N Span coast, Carcassonne , and back home, sort of a bit of everything, and all in a car which every body likes, with not too many crumbles, yes I had a few, from Pug only giving a single remote PLIP key, and the gearbox dash display not being as the Instruction manual, (It appears that only continental cars (not UK) get the gear in use with the ECG box displayed), now its a case of guessing whether your in 3rd, or 4th or whatever, not a big issue, but as an engineer it is nice to know.

I hope you enjoy you car, I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts