Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a brand new 2008 and the stereo is really irritating me. When yiu turn car on first thing there is a really loud vibration in the stereo and distortion in sound. It seems to settle after a while but should this be happening at all. Also sound quality not hood at all.

Anyone else have this issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also when the engine starts up using stop start there is surge of volume on the radio. Is this normal.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

This certainly doesn't happen in my car. Sounds like it needs to go back to the dealership to be looked at. I'm happy with the sound quality in mine (I have adjusted the settings to my preference), it is much better than I anticipated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Just wanted to check as sometimes you feel a bit silly going back to them with things that are not mechanical. Will do that so

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe it is a problem with the auto volume level, linked to the speed. Try this: go to page 272 of the manual and see how to find the "volume linked to vehicle speed" option and deactivate it. But even if this the issue, it is still not ok and you should have it fixed.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If there is a "brrr" sound when you start the engine, you have a contact that is not isolated properly or is not coupled in good position...The electric surge is corrupting your stereo with noises that are "garbage noise" from electrical system... Go check the cables that goes to amplifierunit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts