Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know at what stage the vin number is added to the My Peugeot account? Is it after the car has been built or when Peugeot start the build process?

-Sam

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Jinxx80,

Thanks for the clarification.

-Sam

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have posted in this rather old thread instead of starting a new one, but does anyone know how to 'decipher' the VIN code on new 2008 to determine the actual build date etc?

Although I already have my VIN number, and also know the registration number, the car has not actually been registered yet, so the sites I have tried which require the full number don't recognise it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Vin codes follow a standard format across all makes of cars and include the country of manufacture. They do not include the build date.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks Pilot... I know that they do show the build year (mine is obviously 2014) but I was interested in knowing the actual month, just to see how 'new' it actually is!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Manufacturers raise the vin when the order is submitted by sales tothe plant for build. The vin number ie AB12345 reflects the year 'A' and the month 'B' of the scheduled build date. Often because of operational or part shortages the vehicle may be built at a different time to its scheduled time. Your dealer will be able to confirm the actual build date of your vehicle as this is a matter of record.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts