Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just waiting for a test drive on 8th June and I should be able to place an order for a 1.6 e-HDI EGC ALLURE with a few extra's.

Cielo Panoramic Roof. Park Assist (my wife insisted!)**. SatNav with SOS/Assistance. Midnight Black Leather interior. Sill Protectors.

Can't decide on colour yet, but I like the Solid White. My better half prefers the Cumulus Grey.

Delivery looks like being late September.

Al.

NB: See the Cumulus Grey in action here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlb_H3wv9VY" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Cumulus
Grey in action</a>

** ...actually I wanted her to have it as I don't want those lovely wheels to get any scuffs!!

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Ah - just asked you on your other thread what 2008 you were getting - should have read here first!

So I guess you'll be getting the grey....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...not if I get my way....I love the Bianca White. Goes well with the chrome-work on the car.

...we'll see.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dan, have you got any plans to get a 2008?

NB: Has anyone else got any plans or thoughts about getting one?

Edit: Added NB

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This waiting seems to be getting getting longer and longer....and that's just for a test drive!!

I don't know how I'm going to cope with a possible 3 months waiting for actual delivery!!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote T 10WE T 'You will fall in love allan, I did! I have been given a lead time of 12-14 weeks though :-(
<i style="line-height: 1.4;">This could be because I am getting it through a lease scheme though! Can't wait :)'[/i]<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Hi Tom. In my mind I've already signed the order!

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">We'll see how it goes. I've watched lots of videos on You Tube and I'm still liking it in Bianca White....or was that Cumulus Grey....Hmmmmm?

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Al.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">PS: I moved to here as it would make the Hybrid Air thread go off topic.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Test drive went OK, but it was just a Manual 1.2 Petrol engine version.

I later drove a 3008 Diesel with EGC and was pleased with the drive in that. The salesman told me it was exactly the same 1.6 diesel engine (but 115BHP) and EGC transmission that will be in the 2008 (92BHP) so there should still be a good performance due to the lighter weight.

The ride comfort was good in the 2008 and SatNav/Entertainment screen a good size.

I'll miss some things about the Qashqai Tekna CVT like the:

Reverse camera (although the rear parking aid was good in the 2008). I can adapt accordingly!
Front armrest/storage bin (further back and smaller in the 2008). I can adapt accordingly!
The large front glove box (much smaller in the 2008). I can adapt accordingly!
Seat comfort and ride height. The 2008 is still very good and I'll be getting leather anyway!
Rear centre arm rest. I won't be using it anyway and its the grandchildren that will be travelling in the back so their car seats will fit no problem!

I'll gain though:

No road fund tax. Yippee!
70MPG (only 35 in the Qq). Yippee!
Lower Insurance. Yippee!
Easier to wax and polish. OK, but I do enjoy that!
Easier to park. No problem for me but my wife sees it as a definite plus!
No second car to tax or insure or MOT or service. Yippee!
I'll also gain with the EGC transmission compared to the CVT. Gear change is positive unlike the wheel and pulley system of the CVT.

....and, of course, all the plus' regarding upgrading from the 206 which are too many to even start listing....

I am down-sizing from the Qashqai but up-sizing from the 206 so I reckon the gains easily outweigh the losses.

Overall I was very pleased and will be placing my order next week as soon as I get the Cherished Number Retention Certificate back from the DVLA (I sent off for it 11 days ago as I was so certain then about getting a 2008).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it allan, sounds like the pluses will outweigh the minuses, I am going to miss my Mondeo a lot when I get rid! I too need to put my private plate on retention, its such a faf isn't it? I test drove the 1.6 Hdi 95bhp version of the 2008 and was surprised at how sprightly it was! And as I have ordered a 115bhp version should more than meet my needs, and I am looking forward to the 70mpg compared to the 45-50 of my Mondeo, should save me about £100 a month in diesel!! This will be the first new car I have ever had so am getting quite excited now! :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Transferring to a Retention Certificate wasn't too bad.

I downloaded form V317 from the DVLA website and sent it off to our area office along with my MOT and V5C plus my cheque for £105.

They said it takes around 2 weeks for it all to go through. They send back the certificate, new tax disc and MOT. Unfortunately they keep the cheque!

The new V5C follows a few days later. I guess that's because the V5C is issued separately from Swansea.

My Peugeot garage said they'll pay the fee, and put the new plates on the Qashqai when I take it in to sort out the PX and place my order in a few days time.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
That was a good little review Allan and it does sound rather promising. Even though financial considerations are important you still need to love and enjoy what you drive in my opinion.

When do you find out how long the build will take?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He said it's looking like early September.

I did find the car overall a very good drive only let down by the engine and transmission as I'm used to driving an auto.

Handled the road very well indeed. Very comfortable.

Al.

PS: Even though it was the small 1.2 petrol engine it was still pretty quiet at cruising on a dual carriageway. Very smooth ride which should be even better in the 1.6 diesel auto.

Country roads were also pretty quiet and smooth as the suspension seemed to soak up minor bumps and pot holes really well. Even the bigger ones didn't thump or jar through the car too much.

PPS:...I've started getting my waxes and polishes sorted already!

Two applications of Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm followed by Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax. Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Dressing and not forgetting their Ultimate Protectant for the black external trim.

Ooo, there's so much more.....

We will need a cleaning section once I get started!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I was getting frustrated over the availability of test drives. At the preview event at my local dealer they couldn't confirm when the test drives were going to be, or when I called in on them the week of the test drives, so I logged a request for a test drive through the Peugeot web site, had no confirmation at the time and received no communication from anyone until the afternoon of the day before the drive.

In the end I did get the test drive, but it was only the 1.2 petrol, but I was impressed enough with the way the car drove, and I know the diesel engine is essentially the same as my 207 so I placed an order. But not with my local dealer (I'll elaborate on that later).

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think they are very short on info coming from Peugeot.

The salesman at our dealers is a close family friend and he has sorted us a good deal but, nevertheless, he can't say for sure when they are getting their showroom car or when we can see a proper colour swatch.

He just said 'it should be this week or early next week'. He did know the showroom car will be Bianca White though.

He knows we're gagging to sign the order but we want to see the car in the Bianca White and/or Cumulus Grey. At least see the proper swatches and not just a picture in the brochure.

I've seen it on the A45 near Coventry as I think there is a large storage area near the old Peugeot Plant, but the public are not allowed in there.

The launch evening 2008 was in Nimbus Grey and it was the same car I test drove.

Now my wife didn't like the Nimbus Grey in the showroom but when I drove it onto our drive she said that in the daylight it looked really good!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
allan40alt said:
I think they are very short on info coming from Peugeot.

I would tend to agree with that. I think the dealers don't really know.

I still have no time for Robins and Day though. That's a consequence of (probably mistakenly) using them for my servicing for nearly 10 years.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pleased to say I received the Retention Document for 40 ALT yesterday and the new V5C today showing the new reg as CU09 OAY.

Still waiting for the new Tax Disc and MOT Certificate.

I've just spoken to my Dealer and he is still expecting the showroom car/ demonstrator in a few days time.

He will ring me when it arrives and collect my Qashqai at the same time as we look at the White and place the order.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Showroom car/demonstrator due in on Tuesday and it's in Bianca White.

That means I'll be placing my order once we get a good look at it.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great, postman has just been and I now have the new Tax Disc + MOT + Number Plate Authorisation Certificate.

That was about 18 days from me posting it off.

I'm ready to go!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts