Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new 200. Allure 1.6 e-hdi EGC just waiting for me to give it a home, I take delivery of it on March 1st. It will no doubt look a lot different when I come to pick it up on Sunda, all shiny and bright.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you enjoy yours half as much as we enjoy ours.... You'll love it. It's the most striking colour as well?˜ƒ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, 1m looking forward to it, one more sleep, ill let you know how ifind it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When you can stop drivingher for long enough it will begood to know how you found the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry yes I was going to post yesterday but was so busy dodging the torrential rain trying to get a coat of wax on her, totally slipped my mind, on that front though I finally won out. About the car, very different to what I'm used to and no doubt its going to take a while to realize I can no longer beat people off the lights, but I'm sure ill cope with that because I love this car already, the way she looks and drives is sweet,could not stop looking at her all day yesterday and when it got dark admiring those roof mood lights, really nice touch, and now without her for 12 hours today whilst I'm at work, roll on 1800.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My suggestion is to get a good quality alloy wheel wax and wax them NOW!
I did this on my Tiguan and even though I had a few chips on the alloys, because I waxed them and used a PH neutral & PH Neutral wheel cleaner I had no corrosion at all after two years and 30k.
In contrast many on the VW Tig forum have had corrosion issues.
The other advice is to avoid the many hand wash emporiums which seem to be in most towns as they use very severe de-greaser type sprays which certainly clean the bodywork and alloys very well BUT strip off the wax and the residue eats into alloy..... (I don't think I need say more!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts