Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly let me apologise to the Forum Members if I have offended / upset you in any way with any of my postings or contributions.All comments positive or negative, were made from experience and in the hope of generating a little banter and open discussion.

Many of you will know I have a dislike to French Electrics. Speaking from past experience I have been stranded on many occasion in French cars and all down to Electrics. And it would appear that one Forum Member, that I know of, has taken a dislike to the way that I have portrayed my dislike.

That's fair comment, that's what Forums are for. But I obviously ruffled his feathers a little, I tried to apologise to him, probably too late, that he was offended that I should say things about his beloved French Cars. These things happen. But to prove a point I questioned a 16 point report, that he took a lot of time to put together, was concise and well thought out.

I basically said he hadn't a clue what he was talking about, and he verified that by just saying he didn't like me posting negative things on the Forum about the 2008. He didn't offer to defend his findings at all. Which was sad, but understandable. This was obviously a step too far for him.

So to avoid any further ill feelings and to protect the sincerity of the site and its members can I ask the Administrators please, that my registration be deleted and I will gracefully back away wishing you all many miles of happy motoring.

All the best

Tony

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Tony,

I think you have me wrong, and obviously I don't agree with you on a couple of the points you made in the OP. Idon't particularly want you to leave as
I think you can add some value to add to this site, but you let your dislike of French electrics taint your posts. I am not going to say any more.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
...and if it was anything I said then it was only in jest.

I'm ok with their letters; but their electrics are something else (not that I've had any problems with electricsmyself...or with their letters!).

Al.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Gentlemen. Forums are supposed to be about people with a mutual interest swapping opinions and knowledge to the education and benefit of all. In the early stages of this site I became fed up with the constant eulogising of the 2008 as the best thing since sliced bread. It is no worse or better than most mass produced vehicles of our time and it is sure that posts on a site such as this will and should focus on the problems that members have. My 2008 is in many ways a cracking vehicle but as regular readers will know I have had my problems with it. However my main problem is with ignorant dealers who try and fob offcustomers who have shelled out many thousands of pounds buying a product from them that has faults which they deny exist and do nothing to rectify. If this approach offends anyone ,I am sorry, but that is how I see it. There are others on this site who do not own a 2008 but are able to comment sensibly on the problems that we have. Wind you necks in lads. This site is supposed to help 2008 owners who have, or may haveproblems.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Please don't go uncletone, your contributions brighten up my day

·
Registered
50 Posts
Forums are a place of free exchange of oppinions. Anyone can say bad things about the car, as long as they can support their claim and not use foul language, but nobody has the right to make things personal. Fortunately I see that we keep things civilized in here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts