are you considering new 2008
have you purchased and awaiting delivery
or are driving already

let us know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Grahame.

I just posted in the Build Update Thread. Our leasing company orderd our 2008 on August 13th via our local dealer.

2008 Allure EGC Nimbus Grey.

Hope we can ger on with EGC after full automatic for last 13 years is our only woryy.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think you're going to be well pleased with the EGC system.

I have driven full automatics for many, many years. I had a similar system in a Civic a few years back and then switched to the very woolly CVT transmission on the Qashqai.

The EGC system on the 2008 is by far one of the best. Smooth when you want to take it easy and sporty when you want it, plus you have the manual side when you fancy it.

I really like the fact that you can leave it in Auto and use the steering wheel paddles to over-ride it and it reverts to full auto mode if you don't use the paddles.

Brilliant and far slicker than the Civic system.

Have fun.

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Alan. Thats reassuring. We could only test drive a 1.4 208 with EGC and it seemed quite jerky and sluggish on changes - think we need to adjsut ur driving technique Presently have Kia Soul 1.6 auto and before that 3 CRV autosover nine years. I just hope we do get used to EGC. Took a test drive in a 2008 manual and that was lovely.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You just need to ease off the throttle a little as it's changing up, although I find mine so slick that I just drive it like any standard automatic.

The smoothest automatic I ever drove was the Lexus LS430 and I find this EGC system very close in smoothness to that. Far smoother than the similar system they have on the Honda Civic.

The ability to use the steering wheel paddles whilst leaving the gear selector in 'auto' is also extremely good.

The salesman who delivered mine to my home did say that mine was the first EGC 2008 he'd driven and he found it far smoother and faster changing than either the 208 or 3008 EGC models he'd been driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts