Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what has everyone's dealership been like you? Do they keep you fully up to date or do you feel like as soon as you pay the deposit they don't wanna know like mine?im starting to feel like I'm mithering Robins and day in Stockport as I keep getting false promises and lie after lie.All I wanted to know was if it was too late to add park assist that was 2 weeks ago and all I get told is ill ring you tomorrow I'll ring you tomorrow and course I never get a phone call. To top it off I called into the showroom to chase this jthinking they had forgotten me when the manager came over and said he will deal with it and he will personally call me at 9.30 tomorrow (this was Sunday so should have had a call as promised on Monday) again no call, I left it till today as I know now busy they must be, tone told oh no the manager finished in Sunday and is on holiday for a week!! what a joke it's just a shame I love this car so much otherwise I would have cancelled and gone elsewhere, I've already waited 7 weeks I'm certainly not starting again from the beginning :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
our dealeralthough our dealer hasn'tkept us informed (to be fair he properly had nothing to report)
every inquiry has been met with aprompt reply

this is the least you should expect

sarah ring again tell them if no answer by end of the day you will make official complaint to Peugeot, should push them to get answer and if not make complaint

ps don't let this spoil your excitement of looking forward to your 2008 im sure whatever, it will be worth the wait

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwww thanks Grahame it's just really off putting I wouldn't mind if they had said it could take a few weeks to find out or SOS the principle of being lied to in general. I will definitely ring back tomorrow but I don't hold my breath for an update hahaha how are things coming along with yours are you still waiting or have u been lucky enough to collect it yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
sarahorderd 30th july

rang on the1st of oct (yes the dealer got back to us same day) he made calls andwas told no build date as yet , he said leave it a couple of weeks and he wouldlook again

rang on the 14th of oct (yes the dealer got back to us same day) and informed us not only was itbuilt but it is on its way (in Calais) given us a date of 30th oct for pick up (were in France that week so will have to wait till the Saturday

lets hope they don't lose it

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't give a complete overview as only ordered on the 7th October however Vospers in Torquay which is where I ordered have been very good. I was emailing them alot before I even went in there and cannot fault the speed of replies and also the information provided (granted I know they really wanted the sale for obvious reasons) but there was no push saying come in now for the best offer type of thing.

Even after the test drive and ordering I had some questions when I came home, these were answered the same day via email.

It may help seeing as I have been dealing with the Sales Manager throughout the whole process which may help further down the line.

I will comment again when I get a build date etc so will be interesting to see how it goes later throughout the whole process.

·
Registered
144 Posts
our dealerby the way our dealer
vospers plymouth

·
Registered
7 Posts
not one update from my dealership at all until it reached the desired delivery date of end of sep. started to chase them and was promised call backs to which I never got. left a message for the sales manager, as the guy who is dealing with my order was away on holiday and the receptionist wasn't sure when he was back conveniently,and in the mean time I decided to take it up another level and contact customer care.im now waiting on a call from the customer relations manager (5working days). after care from my dealer is shocking.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My dealer is first rate. He kept me informed, including emails of build date and anticipated delivery, without me asking. Aftercare also first rate. Always a car waiting for me when it is service time, and in one case they dropped me home and picked me up. I was working from home that day and didn't need a car. They seem to win awards for customer service and from what I can see they are worth it. For that reason this is the third car we have bought from them and my wife and I both own Peugeots. For me the car is half the story, the aftercare the rest.Dealer is the only one in Devizes to give a clue.

Mac.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, as far as I can see there appears to be Good dealers and Bad
dealers. I'm like you Sarah, seem to have a dealer who doesn't
communicate. They have the order and that is all they care about. I
checked my phone records and they have called me (unprompted) just the
once, and that was with bad news! Every other time I have had to call
them, often with a promise of a call back but nothing. Their favourite
excuse is "he is with a customer". The car industry must be in good
shape if they are fending off all these people wanting to buy cars all
the time!

The Sales Manager told me it was company policy to
update the customer once a fortnight, whether there was news or not.
Yeah right! That hasn't happened in my case.

So I know how frustrated you feel Sarah, nothing worse than a callback promise then nothing.

Graeme
is right. Contact Peugeot. When I did that, within 5 mins of an e-mail
reply from Peugeot I had the dealer on the phone saying they had had a
customer complaint! Not that it did any good as I have not heard from
them since. In fact I have had more information from Peugeot these past
few days than I got from the dealer. So worth a try.

Having said
that, there does appear to be good stories about dealers too on these
forums. Just seems some of us drew the short straw! You go to your local
dealer because they are just that - local. WIth hindsight, I should
have switched dealers a long time ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Robins & Day, Newcastle. On the whole I'd say the quality of the service has been poor and communications and updates have been almost non-existant
<ul>[*]Car ordered Sunday 28th July.[*]Phone call received a couple of days later to confirm the order[*]Zero updates until I went into the showroom on 7th September for an update. I was told that my order had passed from one salesman to another and the updating had gotten a little lost. I was reasonably happy with that explanation but stated that I was unhappy with the service thus far. They agreed I was right to be so and ensured me that there was going to be communication going forward, giving regular updates (even when no new information was available). Left reasonably happy, promised that the new salesman would contact to update the following Monday[*]The new salesman phoned as promised. Introduced himself, but still could not provide a build date[*]On to the beginning of October. Despite the promises no updates since the call on 8th September. My Girlfriend (who is actually buying the car) phoned to get an update and order some accessories that she wanted. No build date supplied. She queried the price and fitting costs and the salesman promised to get back to her[*]So here we are 17th October. No call back about the accessories. No updates on build date, really no updates at all. In nearly 3 months since the order, other than the order confirmation call, no communication from dealership at all unless prompted by us[/list]

Not happy at all. When I replace my car next year, I was considering Peugoet (and amazingly the dealer knew this!) but now I may think otherwise

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've gone and put a complaint in to peugeot directly at there customer care centre and I'm surprised to hear themselves say that they totally agree with me and that the service is shocking. they have now told me they are on the case and will definitely be having words with robins and day and say I will get a call back by Tuesday. Hmmmm I don't know if they will sort this or if again I'm being lead a merry dance we shall see fingers crossed :/ wish me luck hahaha

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sarah , if your outcome is anything like mine, I'm sure you will get a call, it does seem to make a difference. I don't think dealers like being contacted by Customer Services with complaints. I contacted them, not really with a complaint, just asking for updates my dealer wasn't giving me. But I could see how it looked like a complaint. I got an e-mail back from Customer Services saying it was being being escalated to the Customer Relations Manager. Literally no more than 5 minutes after getting the e-mail, my mobile rang and it was the dealer (only the second time they have ever rang me without me ringing first!) saying they had received a Customer Complaint from Peugeot!

So I am asure you have done the right thing and will get some response now.

I did think twice about the way I worded my e-mail. But I thought what the hell. There's only so much you can take before non-returned calls really get to you. It is one of the things that has frustrated most to be honest. The delivery will be when it will be, not happy but not much anyone can do apparently. But what they can and should do is provide decent customer services like call backs when promised, updates on the order as promised when I handed over the deposit and, above all else, honesty.

Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I completely agree there Trevor it's just like they are quick to take your money then you get forgotten about as they have what they wanted from you and they will get their nice pay check at the end of the month. I did feel a bit guilty as I don't like complaining and thought it might be awkward when I finally get the car but then I thought sod it I've done nothing wrong it's them that said just on Thursday that they will call back in an hour of course it's sat morning now and still nothing. How many chances do they need? It's not even as if I'm chasing the date of build even though I would love to know hehe I was only seeing if it was too late to add park assist and wether I need to save another £300 or not and 2 weeks on still non the wiser. I hope peugeot give them a kick up the backside and give me an answer one way or the other. Hopefully now we can both start getting the service we should be getting and look forward to getting our cars without thinking about what else could happen

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

The last contact I had from my dealer was the 27th September (no just under a month ago) where I got a simple we have no news e-mail, I had to contact them first to get that update. I like regular updates so I know they are on top of things but it feels like they don't really give a crap now they have the order.

-Sam

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I suspect it's not so much a case of not giving a crap, more a case of no-one wanting to give updates that the customer doesn't really want to hear in a no news update. Which is kind of understandable to be honest.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

In part I agree but just a call to say they have checked the order system and there are no updated would at least give me some indication they are on top of it.

-Sam

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We'll it looks like complaining to peugeot has given Robins and Day a wake up call
the day I put the complaint in within a few hours surprise surprise I got a phone call back letting me know they are still trying to find out if I can add park assist. the very next day another phone call to say they can confirm I can still have it fitted. They couldn't apologise enough for not getting back to me and have offered to give me some car mats free for the inconvenience as I enquired about buying some and they have also promised to keep me we'll informed and let me know when I get a build date etc..... So far so good :) happy camper again

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had excellent service from Pentagon in Keighley (West Yorks). Car arrived exactly as planned with plenty of e-mails letting me know the progress (its due to be made on, its been made, its in the country etc etc).

Sarah from Pentagon then came in on her day off to handover the car a day early to fit in with my work schedule, and then afterwards texted me several times to check all was OK. When I had some minor problems (boot catch sticking, stop-start issues) she responded straight away and got back to me.

I can't fault them and would highly recommend their service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my 2008 from Robins and Day in Stockport and their customer service is shocking. damage to nearside door rubber, which was allegedly ordered pre-Christmas. To date, still awaiting a phone call from them. Maybe an email to Peugeot will do the trick?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts