Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just pointed out that when we test drove the car we didnt check the boot. We have a 6 month old son and just wondered if anyone can tell us if the boot is big enough to get everything you might need for a weekend away etc. In our current car we have load the whole thing up lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have a 10 month old with a huge buggy (uppababy vista). It's great day to day but as you well know how much stuff you need to take for a break you might struggle. We went for the optional high level boot net so can load it to the roof. Saying that I don't think it's much smaller than a golf's boot. For the size of the car it is quite practical but I would wish it was larger but my wife doesn't like large cars. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Is any car big enough!!

What car do you have now?

These are the boot dimensions of the 2008:

Range goes from 410L - 422L - 917L - 1400L. The last two though are with the rear seats both folded. With just one rear seat folded you would get, I guess, around 700L / 800L depending whether you folded the single or double rear seat.

Why not load your regular baby kit into your current car and have a word with your friendly dealer to see how it transfers into one of their demo cars?

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a Kia Ceed 3 at the mo. The boot isnt awful but its a bit of an awkward shape. Trouble is my wife does not want a huge car which is why we like this one but dont want to be wishing we got something bigger lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
The boot is slightly larger than a VW Tiguan 4x4. It's marginally shorter from tailgate to rear seat (approx 1.5") but taller. I can get a wheelchair and a walker plus a couple of soft bags. I was very pleasantly surprised. I suggest you add the stainless rear bumper protector BUT get it fitted by the dealer as it needs careful preparation prior to bonding.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This is the Kia Ceed capacity:

The 2008 is shown as: 410 / 422L & 917 / 1400L

The 2008 looks a bigger boot with the seats up.

It just depends how you fit it all in I guess.

Al.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice one Tempest501. It's great to hear you are going to try actually putting your stuff in the boot rather than just hoping it will fit! When spending a large amount of cash you need to be sure there's enough room.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I find the boot small. I had a 3008 before with a split tailgate which was great and seat releases at the rear. I don't like the parcel shelf on the 2008 which does not lift with the tailgate. This is poor, I frequently catch my head on this when reaching articles at the back of the boot,and itmust be a penny pinching cost saving. As previously mentioned the tailgate release is awkwardly placed as you have to move your hand to the bottom of the tailgate to lift. As the tailgate is likely to get fairly dirty ,as all tailgates do, I think with time the paint will suffer in this area. These are the niggling things that you only find after purchase of the car and most likely would miss on a test drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had heard that the parcel shelf can get annoying but had not even considered the paint on the tailgate truth be told. i only tend to keep the car three years though and I am struggling to think of another crossover that fits the bill really and we do like the 2008. I mean I think the qashqai is too expensive for what it is. We looked at the Mitsubishi asx which was nice but i hear they suffer with paint problems. I loved the Yeti but the wife hates how it looks lol. Have not really looked at the IX35 but I hear they are a bit thirsty in petrol (we only do short journeys so has to be petrol). Someone did suggest the renault captur but i kinda thought that would be the sameish as this car plus wed have to get auto for the 120 bhp.

The wife does not want something too big also.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't find the rear parcel shelf a problem. Once you know how it is then that's how it is.

Good thing about it is that you can access the boot area from inside the car.

There's a small area in the front centre that allows you to open it and reach into the boot.

I sold my Qashqai as it was too high. Felt like I was driving a van (albeit a quiet and smooth van).

Petrol only gave around 34mpg providing I drove very reasonably.

The 2008 is about 4" lower, 1" or so narrower and about 6" shorter. The 2008 is more like driving a car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ye we really like the 2008 too, it feels like a premium product as well which i was kind of surprised by. Just wish they would release the 1.2 turbo so I can go buy one lol. The longer I wait the more I get tempted to get the 1.6 lol .

By the way Allan40alt i see you have park assist do you think it is worth the money?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Park assist is worth the money just to get the front sensors. Although I used my Peak assist last night for the first time properly in 7 months of having the car and squeezed the car into an insanely small space.

So yes it's worth the cost.

As for the boot space, it's not huge but it has no intrusions for suspension mounts etc.Personally I don't like the rear shelf and long for a roll over cover.I thought the access to the boot from the rear seat was good when I first got the car but can't actually see any value in that feature now.

As for the comment about it being small compared to the 3008 boot; well the 2008 is a much smaller car.Plus the 3008 is peugeot's ugly duckling isn't it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ye the 3008 has to be one of the ugliest cars out there. Thanks for all the info I thnk we can make it work so just need them to being out the turbo

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
tempest501 said:
...................................By the way Allan40alt i see you have park assist do you think it is worth the money?

Yes, definitely.

Like burtysays, it's worth it for the front sensors alone.

I've practiced with it a couple of times and it works incredibly well.

Good thing is when leaving a space. If someone has parked after you and come a bit tight to the front or rear you can leave it up to the 'assist' to maneuver you out; all you have to do is sit there to do the braking and select the gear when told.

There's some more info here:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/park-assist_topic32.html#.U4gLLHJdVNw

Enjoy.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thing about the Park Assist is that you don't need to use it every time because it isn't necessary.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The front sensors though activate automatically with the rear sensors and show on your screen.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Perfect when reversing into a garage as it gives you an audible as well as a visual warning for the front and rear and all corners.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">They also work when parallel parking yourself when not using Park Assist.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">They activate automatically along with the rear sensors at below 6 MPH.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the car. Can't believe the quality. Never thought I say that about peugeot. But why have they fitted it with that stupid parcel shelf. Have taken it out because we got 2 dogs. But when we go off and got shopping or cases in the boot would be nice to cover it. Previous car was a 206sw with a roller shelf perfect. So please peugeot make it for the 2008

1 - 18 of 18 Posts