Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest...

I have around 17800 miles now on my 2008. I don't suppose that is the highest mileage car on here but it may be close.

My car was first registered in October 2013 and until May 2014 I didn't use my car daily, so by June 2014 I had covered only 7000 miles. A change in working patterns since means that in the last 6 months since June I have covered over 10000.

To be honest the car has been good during that time (I wouldn't expect it to be anything else). Most of my travel is motorway so pretty easy going on the car. I have noticed a couple of tiny stone chips on the bonnet and a chip on the very top of the windscreen. The front tyres are also wearing, but no more than I would expect.

I recently had an experience with the sat-nav which appeared to lose it's way, so it was reporting me driving through central London when I was 40 miles away half way down the M3. I checked in the GPS settings and although it was reporting 8 satellites visible it was using 0. The system reboot after the car had been parked for 4+ hours seemed to resolve the issue. (I hope it is just a glitch and not an indication of a problem).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar intermittent problem with the SatNav on the Kia Venga one year ago. It was resolved by replacing the antenna by Kia under warranty. It seems there are electonic parts in the actual base of the antenna which can fail. I can honestly report that since replacement I have not experienced any further problems with the SatNav. Hope this helps you to make a decision on what is necessary.

Edited by: **** the Miller

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now at 20100 miles on my 2008.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi burty, my2008 has only covered 7500 miles to date since November 2013 when we picked her up from our dealer. Not a lot of mileage I know but so far no problems to report, still love the car and have no regrets at all onour choice it's a great little car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2008 has now covered 13,000 miles in 13 months.
Other than requiring a new switch for the electric mirrors I've had no other problems so I'm very pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just passed 20000 in 14 months. Feels like 50000 with all the problems :( I love the 2008, just not the one I have!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,

I noticed you said you have a chip on the top of the windscreen,
In december my windscreen cracked and I could not see what had caused it to crack,

The windscreen was replaced and the fitter found a small chip right on the top of the windscreen.
He said it could have happened before and it only just cracked now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Had my 2008 for 14 months now. Have covered 24,000 trouble free miles. Had small chip in the screen a month after I had it but still there as its out of my sight line. Had one set of new tyres ( and 2 annoying punctures both which were fixable luckily but strange as in 25 years of driving I have never had a single puncture!) and 2 services no other problems. One recall but was handled quickly and efficiently (suspension linkage or something). Still love the car, I was the first in our office to get one, we now have 6! All colours apart from Amber Red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts