Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm interested in what you'd say to a friend who was interested in buying a new 2008.

What are the good points, the not so good points?

What features do you feel pleased you got, which ones not so pleased?

Finally, on a scale of 1-10, how much would you recommend they buy one?

(I'm seriously considering buying a 2008...)

Joe

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ignoring looks etc as anyone buying can make their own judgement.

Rating various features on a scale of 1-10, Where 1 is poor, 5 average, 10 excellent

Overall package: 8
Comfort: 9
Ride: 9
Drive: 9 (steering response takes some getting used to)
Fuel Economy: 9 (115 Hdi - 60mpg reliably)
Front Accommodation: 8 (desperately needs better cup holders)
Rear Accommodation: 8 (Better legroom than many cars this size)
Heating/ ventilation: 10 (Climate control is spot on IMHO)
Build Quality: 8 (I thought it would be hard to beat until I bought my 308, which feels better built)
Infotainment system: 4 (Sound quality is poor, and the funtionality desperately Needs improvement)
Sat-Nav: 4 (Worth having but could be improved massively)
Boot Space: 7 (Pretty good considering the size of the car - particularly liked the little straps either side of the boot for storing stuff)
iCockpit: 10
Small steering wheel: 15 (By far the cars best feature)

If he/she wants one I would say go for it. The only reason I sold mine is because I wanted something that was a bit (a lot) quicker.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree with Burty in general with a few additions:

Pluses:
Glass roof on GT Line

Spare wheel as standard although only a space saver on GT Line

Grip control, although no first hand experience yet

All season tyres

Reversing camera

Self parking door mirrors

3 cylinder engine quick to warm up helping good fuel economy

Minuses:
No keyless entry

No front central armrest, bought one from Italy which is perfect

No front parking sensors but short bonnet may make them unneccessary

No strings on rear parcel shelf, will do a self fitment

No auto dip headlights

The pluses outdo the minuses by a long way. I think that the 2008 is a better buy than similar rivals: Nissan Juke, Vauxhall Mokka, Renault Captur, Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am now driving my second 2008 ...... our 5th Peugeot.Which about says it all really.We had a 206 SW, then two 207 SWs and I was waiting on the next in line to the 207s.When the 2008 X-over appeared, that was it.That one was registered in August 2013 and we kept it until it was almost due for the first MOT.I'd not really intended to switch but the local dealership in Launceston made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a 4 month old one with 300 on the clock, and in the Red/orange colour that wasn't available in 2013. Sold.I do miss the 1.6 petrol grunt we had - this one is a 1.2 petrol, but again for what driving I do these days, mainly local, it's fine.You just have to 'drive it' a bit more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try and get one for an extended test drive so you can really make sure its the car for you. Let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi everyone this is my first 2008 brand new last friday , i went for the 1.6 diesel active ,in black .i have always owned peugeots for the last 14 yrs ,and i must be sad because my 406 is still sat on my drive looking at me lol ,i am into diesels think there reliable good on fuel and the 406 comfy as hell ,i,m realy hoping the 2008 is just as good caus the competion is not my cup of tea lol .anyway thats me done gotta go shopping for me centre console so nite folks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All. Had my gt line 100 for just over a month now, and am gradually getting used to it! Do I like it? A big YES there. I love it! The gear ratios took a bit of getting used to, as the ratios are a bit higher than my previous Focus 115. I find I have to change down from 5th. To 4th. gear more often, but on a run, this should help my mpg. as the higher ratio will lower the revs. A couple of minor niggles are the lack of cords on the rear parcel shelf, which I will attend to, and the second, and really irritating one, is the trickle of water down the centre of the screen after using the wash/wipe! Ha Ha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts