Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wheel locking socket has gone missing and whilst I have been able, thanks to Halfords to remove and replace the space saver wheel, they cannot remove the security nuts of the other alloys without fear of damage.I have rung my local Peugeot dealers to obtain a replacement but they say they need the number of the socket.
Where is the number of the socket I ask, yes you've guessed it, it's on the missing socket.
Apparently in some cases they tell me that it is copied in the service manual, not so in my case.
My question is this, has anybody else experienced this and if so how was it resolved.
Surely Peugeot must bear some responsibility for this situation and at the very least they should have some record of the number of the security socket.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Happened friend few years back, he had drill all 4 locking nuts off and replace them not an easy job, in your case it's unlikely Peugeot keeps that info but your dealer must be able contact and find out, also you might try the likes AA/RAC they must have some kind master socket

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You would think that the number on the socket would be recorded somewhere by Peugeot. Is it worth calling Peugeot UK Customer services?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
burty said:
You would think that the number on the socket would be recorded somewhere by Peugeot. Is it worth calling Peugeot UK Customer services?

I have sent an email to Peugeot but to be quite honest I don't hold out much hope.
I take your point that in this day and age it is so easy to record all details of vehicles, they need them in the case of recalls and the like.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealer gave me the little parts bag that the locking socket came in.<div ="drop-hint" id="drop-to-share-hint" style="display: none; -: chrome-extension://cipmepknanmbbaneimacddfemfbfgpgo/s//dropToShareHint.png; -size: 67px 327px;"><a ="share-btn-"></a><a ="btn-s"></a><div ="drop-hint-bubble" id="drop-hint-bubble-share" style="display: none; -: chrome-extension://cipmepknanmbbaneimacddfemfbfgpgo/s//dropToShareHintBubble.png; -size: 253px 79px;">

<div ="drop-hint" id="drop-to-search-hint" style="display: none; -: chrome-extension://cipmepknanmbbaneimacddfemfbfgpgo/s//dropToSearchHint.png; -size: 67px 327px;"><a ="search-btn-"></a><a ="btn-s"></a><div ="drop-hint-bubble" id="drop-hint-bubble-search" style="display: none; -: chrome-extension://cipmepknanmbbaneimacddfemfbfgpgo/s//dropToSearchHintBubble.png; -size: 215px 79px;">

It has sticker on it with a part number and a reference number.
Do you have anything like that ?

·
Registered
284 Posts
You're getting me worried now....this is a bit of a girly question but what does a wheel locking socket look like and where am I likely to find it? I can't recall being given anything when I collected my car? My previous Renault had a little box of wheel nuts or bolts or something which had to be handed over at services / tyre changes etc.. I haven't seen anything similar in this car I don't think?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've just checked "madams" and its located under the spare wheel cover in the boot in the spare wheel foam thingy for want of a better word.

Its exactly that locking wheel nut socket that you handed over to the garage when you took it for a service. I would just check in your spare wheel well Kate

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll take a look tomorrow, thanks Tone. Hope you didn't go outside in your PJ's to check

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mostly its kept n the glovebox, where it takes up most of the room.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pray may I ask Alan , how did you get it in the glovebox?

Have you found a secret compartment

·
Registered
284 Posts
I discovered a big socket thing located in it's own compartment adjacent to the spare wheel

Thanks.Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
506 Posts
hope you didn't frighten the neighbours ?

·
Registered
284 Posts
uncletone said:
hope you didn't frighten the neighbours ? 
Got some new neighbours so I'm trying to behave myself

·
Registered
398 Posts
Why so worried Kate? If something goes wrong, just put your PJs...For sure your neighbors will be glad to help :)...And happy too...but not if they will be assisted by their wife's :)))

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
drspock said:
burty said:

I have sent an email to Peugeot but to be quite honest I don't hold out much hope.
I take your point that in this day and age it is so easy to record all details of vehicles, they need them in the case of recalls and the like.

The latest on this problem, received a reply from Peugeot customer services referring me back to dealership as and I quote "we do not hold technical information"
No more than I expected and par for the course from the motor industry in general.
However on a positive note I have found via the internet a small company based in Castleford West Yorkshire who removed the locking wheel nuts for a charge of £10 per wheel, without any damage to the alloy wheels.
It took about 5 mins to remove 3 bolts
They are called Dynomec and use a system of the same name designed by them.
I was within driving distance of their base but I believe they will advise you of garages etc who offer the service if you cant make it to there base.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts