Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave my wheels two applications of Turtle Wax Extreme Nano-Tech Wheel Wax and they came up a treat with a silky smooth finish.

We went out for our first journey yesterday. 120 mile round trip to Peterborough and back.

I just went out to check the wheels for brake dust and, as expected, there was a fair amount (mainly on the fronts of course) not too much, but just enough to leave a coating.

Because I had treated the wheels with wheel wax it was very quick and easy to go over each wheel with a soft kitchen towel.

Within 10 minutes all four wheels had been done. The wax coating made it so easy to do.

Front nearside after a quick wipe over. That initial waxing was so worthwhile.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have recently tried a wax recommended by a guy in the Tiguan forum. It's Collinite No845 Insulator Wax. It's designed for automotive, marine, aeronautical and industrial use.
I have done the wheels and so far the bonnet of my 14,000 mile Tiguan (the 2008 is Supaguarded) and I have to say the results are first class. The wheels clean off using a watering can! The bonnet is like glass.
I got it from Amazon and it's expensive at about £20 but in relation to the cost of your car it's worth every penny.
If you get it stand in a bowl off hot water (the bottle, not you!) as it's very thick.
P.s. It's an absolute doodle to apply.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Michelin tyres, do the EGC models not have the goodyear all weather tyres as they don't have grip control ?I use greased lighting wheel shield which work well and so does the supagard spray(cheap on e-bay).I am probably lazy as it is a spray quick on & off !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts