Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2008 1.6blue hdi 1025 active, and for the life of me i can not work out where the date is displayed, i can see the time but not the date... i can change and alter the date, but not see it displayed anywhere? where is it guys?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Am confused why you need this?

Neither my £70k Jaguar nor my £30k Audi display the date, so why would you expect this from what is fundamentally a budget car?

At the other range of the scale in price, no smart phone has anything but the time displayed...not the date.

So would suggest you get a phone holder and have it switched to your calendar, although from my experience you only need to be reminded of the 'date' once or twice a day, the time more often and I for one have never when driving for the last 38yrs thought "Gee I wonder what the day/date is?" :D :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have just purchased a 2008 1.6blue hdi 1025 active, and for the life of me i can not work out where the date is displayed, i can see the time but not the date... i can change and alter the date, but not see it displayed anywhere? where is it guys?
There is no option to display the date permanently on the touchscreen, only the time is available.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I, for one, also need the date in my budget Peugeot 2008. But no, it's apparently not an option. I also have a 2010 Peugeot 207 (another budget car) which does show date as well. date display does have its uses, as you clearly also think. We're obviously to be terminally disappointed. Cheers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Clearly I've been driving the wrong cars!

Can you take a pic of the permanently displayed date in your 207 please?

I can only assume it's to remind you, when you get get in the car to go to work that it's actually a Sunday, and you can go back to bed? :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can understand needing the time displayed on the dash somewhere, so you can see when your running late (for work etc), but I dont really understand why the day/date is needed, even during these strange covid times when I've not been to work for a few weeks I still know what the date is and what day it is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Agreed, but the world would be a boring place if we were all the same niteram!

Personally I think we're right and they're wrong FWIW :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
My Peugeot work van shows day date year and time.i don’t see a problem with this if yo find it unnecessary then that’s ok too

·
Registered
275 Posts
And there we have it...if you want the day/date/year displayed trade in your 2008 for a van.

Chris so how many times has it saved you when you'd forgotten about an anniversary or an "OMG it's the 25th December and Christmas!" moment? :D

IM (less than H)O it isn't fitted to the majority of vehicles because...if you don't know the day/date you really aren't safe to be in charge of a motor vehicle :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been working from home for the last three months and somehow convinced myself it was 2021 so perhaps I need the year displaying in my car

·
Registered
275 Posts
DD, if you are indeed a time traveller can you post up the winning lottery numbers for the rest of 2020 please :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry guys, i didnt know anyone had responded to my post, i must not have my notifications turned on..
The date displayed on the dashboard is not essential, but i do find it handy to keep a check on it, if anyone randomly asked me the date i would probably not know the answer, i guess my life is so exciting that it slips me by...
but why does the car settings give you the option of setting the date if you can never see it..??

·
Registered
275 Posts
Banjodeono Am guessing that the date can be set on the car purely for things like:

!) Servicing reminder
2) My Peugeot app advising you of mileage for the month so far and for last month.

And thanks pughu, I'll give that a try, am guessing it just flashes up and then disappears? If so then am guessing OK for any passing Rip Van Winkle that enquires the day/date/year

·
Registered
25 Posts
Clearly I've been driving the wrong cars!

Can you take a pic of the permanently displayed date in your 207 please?

I can only assume it's to remind you, when you get get in the car to go to work that it's actually a Sunday, and you can go back to bed? :D
Only Saturday at the moment in OZ. 9 degrees, drizzle, CoVID19......no dramas....
Clearly displayed date 2010 207.JPG

·
Registered
275 Posts
And you can get that to display permanently Barry?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts