Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed reversing lights into the two blank spaces in the rear hatch.

Now don't tell me that you haven't looked into it. There are holes already in place, surely somebody has run cabling from the reversing light cluster up inside the rear boot space down into the rear hatch, cobbled two bulb holders together hey presto!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello uncletone
Did once attempt to remove the light cluster unit from the rear hatch... and gave up for fear of iretrievably breaking it..came loose with the 8(?) mm nuts wriggled out, but chickened out as no way found to take the cluster off.
That's on a Feb 2014 built car
I overcame the inadequate light by installing one of a pair of aftermarket daylight running lamps ( less than £10 on ebay) and mounted it centrally beneath the rear body. It is directly wired into the reverse light bulb feeds, and has worked for the past year without any problem. If it does fail there's still one of the pair of lamps to replace it...
There was a regulation against exceeding 21 watts per lamp I believe.. but do not know the present legislation for these low wattage, but high lumen LEDs
Good luck

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Alan,

I already have used an LED Bulb, and if I'm honest its better than the one you have used and I still think its naff due to the design.

I have a set in the TT and believe me when they come on even in daylight you sit up and take notice. Somebody said I they thought I'd turned the car round with the headlights on.

I might have to do a little explority digging, but thank you for the info, which I have read and found most interesting.

I've changed all the bulbs where I feel needed, interior etc and used some expensive CREE ones for durability and life.

The rear amber bulbs are in transit and I expect them to be first class so we'll see. Its these reversing lights which I need to sort out now.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Tone,the reversing light is a poor design for sure!!
If you have an LED that's an improvement on the one I used then we'd like to have a link so we can update the 'Reversing light' thread.

Al.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Tone, I asked at my local dealer when 2008 was in for service, and was told reversing lights are for warning that the car is reversing?????
I have been told by someone that my reversing lights are not working, they were looking at the upper empty lens

The dealers seem unsure if any mods would affect the warranty!!
But I will keep nagging them....
Bernie 2008 1.6 proper Auto!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Bernie,

thanks for the update. I've given up with it and stuck a very bright LED in the reversing light. Which certainly works a lot better "madam" can see now when shes about to demolish the gate on the drive way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts