Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Having been browsing this Forum over the last few days it looks to me as if nearly everyone is going for Nimbus Grey as the 'colour of choice' for their new 2008!

I think it is always good to have the opportunity to see a 'whole car' in a certain colour, rather than just having to rely on a web page picture, or a small square of plastic, but unfortunately this is not always possible... or practical!

I was going for Nimbus myself, until I saw a 308 in the showroom in Cumulus Grey, which both my wife and myself thought looked absolutely gorgeous... so that was the one we went for in the end!

Although we have been promised a September build, this has not actually been confirmed by Peugeot yet, so the situation could possibly change, but at the moment, I hope it doesn't!

So... what colour did you choose... and why?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amber Red is listed in the July 2014, Version 10, Peugeot brochure, if that is the colour you were looking at.

Edit: Having just had a look at the brochure again, this particular colour isn't offered on all variants.
Edited by: Montala

·
Registered
540 Posts
barrheadred said:
Montala said:
Amber Red is listed in the July 2014, Version 10, Peugeot brochure, if that is the colour you were looking at.

ah ! Will need to check what version I got. Maybe its a older one
Peugeot updated the pretty pictures brochure later than the technical specification but yes, it is in the most recent copy of both.

The best way to have a look at the colours is go onto Autotrader and put in a huge used car search; get a decent selection of colours and trim levels with different wheels, a useful second to trying to find a physical example of each!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Amber red is available but not shown as a pic only written in writing in brochure. Etc. I expect handover on September 18th. One day after my birthday.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes but it was not there before. Only for our friend posting pics on this forum I would not have known about it. And I am sure many others are in same boat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have now found the thread with the the photos which 'Gazman' took and agree that it does indeed look a very attractive colour, and I don't think that the picture in the brochure really does it justice.

If they do ask me to change for any reason I would probably go for that one, although it might clash with my wife's one year old Fiesta, which is a very different shade of red.

Edit: I have just shown her the pictures, and she says that she still definitely prefers the Cumulus Grey I have ordered, so for the sake of marital harmony I will probably stick with that one after all. I just hope that they confirm a 'build date' to me fairly quickly, so that I will then know (roughly) how long I am going to have to wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You may find this link of interest:

<a href="http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/colour-videos-to-help-you-choose_topic47.html#.VAuEm_ldUTA" rel="nofollow">Colours
to help you choose</a>

The Amber Red does look very nice 'in the flesh'.

Al.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2008MAN said:
Yes. Patience needed. Usually 3 to 4 months to handover I believe. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Surely not if it does actually have a September build date, as I have been promised?

I certainly don't want to have to wait that long for it, and will be chasing my dealer again if I don't hear something from him within the week.

I do agree with your second comment however... some of the higher spec models come with a chrome door mirror, and a bit more chrome elsewhere also, I believe, which certain colours will complement more than others... but it wouldn't do if we all liked the same things now, would it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, but if that is in fact the case then I will probably be looking elsewhere.

I has assumed that if the car was indeed down for a September build date, and assuming it did not leave the factory until right at the end of the month then I would at least receive it some time in October!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Montala said:
Thanks, but if that is in fact the case then I will probably be looking elsewhere.

I has assumed that if the car was indeed down for a September build date, and assuming it did not leave the factory until right at the end of the month then I would at least receive it some time in October!
is it definitely a build date mate ? I know with mine its part of the select few that are all ready built in the UK. So I was told a few weeks to collect. Yeah I'm same as you, not wanting to wait months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your reply, but in view of the 'extras' I wanted it is definitely a 'factory build'.

I have not yet been given an actual build date, which I assume will be confirmed to my dealer by Peugeot once they receive a firm order, which of course they now have.

Having just checked my Order Form again, it does state "Delivery Date 30/10/2014" which is acceptable to me, but as you say I will be happier when I receive actual confirmation of the build.

Hopefully I will hear something from my dealer within the next day or so, but if I don't then I will certainly be chasing them!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep keep on them !!
I'm giving my salesman till Tuesday then I'm giving him a call. See if I can get a bit more of a accurate date than "a few weeks". As that time as pretty much past since ordering

·
Registered
192 Posts
The dealers put an estimated date usually. I think it took almost 2 weeks before confirmed build date. Then up to three weeks for delivery. Thats if no delay in build. Mind you mine was built as stated. I have a bit extra to wait for delivery to N.Ireland.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
On the OP:

When I ordered mine I was most disappointed with the colour options: There was no red which would have been one of my first choices.The blue and brown colours really did nothing for me, I dislike silver cars immensely, essentially because every other car on the road is silver, and really the three shades of grey on offer are just three different silver shades ;).My family were strongly against white so basically I chose the black. To be honest I am more than happy with the black in the Feline trim, I think it is the best colour choice IMHO.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts