Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked at the shiny bits at the top of the rear doors on my 2014 Allure and there are a few smallgrey-ish sub-surface stains developing. There is no raising of the surface, it just looks as though it is something spreading below it. Has anyone else noticed something similar, please?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tractorbob3 said:
Just looked at the shiny bits at the top of the rear doors on my 2014 Allure and there are a few smallgrey-ish sub-surface stains developing. There is no raising of the surface, it just looks as though it is something spreading below it. Has anyone else noticed something similar, please?
Few wee marks on mine but I didn't buy the car new so expected some cosmetic stuff. I just polished them out using SRP and added a coat or 2 of decent wax. There's still a minor blemish or 2 but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
they could indeed be anything from insect guts to water marks. I would suggest buying some chrome polish sold in most car shops :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whitedog2k15 said:
they could indeed be anything from insect guts to water marks. I would suggest buying some chrome polish sold in most car shops :D
Don't use chrome polish mate that's for metal, you'll knacker the finish. If you don't dry the car after washing then it's probably mineral deposits left when the water naturally dries. Autoglym SRP is a very fine abrasive polish, you should try that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Arghh thanks for the info ok I shall try the autoglym one glad I read before using it lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had this on the Ds4, as has already been said a mild abrasive I used Poorboys White Diamond then get some decent sealant on, KKD Si Coat Trim X work for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts