Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded Windows 10 onto my PC and my Notebook a couple of weeks ago. I had some troubles getting things to work initially as some functions, such as playing videos , music etc didn't have programmes set to run them , but I sorted all that out. This week I tried to use my SkyGo facility on my PC and my Notebook. I use it to watch sport when SWMBO is watching far more important things on the TV. Anyway is wouldn't work on either of my devices. I tried everything I could think of including checking Silverlight which SkyGo uses to work . Nothing. Then I noticed that the date format on the right hand side of the bottom taskbar had changed to the American way of putting the month first then the day then the year. I went into settings and altered the format to dd-mmm-yyy and hey presto SkyGo is back and running. I mention this because the people at Sky had no idea as to the solving of this problem. Hope this may be of some use. Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Al,That was one of the initial settings I changed when setting up and SkyGo opens fine in IE.

Changing the date layout is a good tip to pass on to folks though.

I can't get SkyGo to open using the MicrosoftEDGEbrowser yet but I guess they will get it sorted soon.

With EDGE I get a window and I click on the shaded 'Open with IE' and it instantly opens IE and worksfine.

Al.

PS: I've changed all my videos to default open with VLC media player. Works brilliantly on my main PC and Laptop.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/releases/1.1.10.html

Must say the ease of changing things in the 'pop-up' settings when you left click on the 'Start'is really great.

PPS: The only thing I find doesn't always work is posting emoticons on this site when I'm using Edge.

The little 'thumbs up' wouldn't load in Edge but did in IE. Can you think of why that would be?

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
242 Posts
It depend on how the website was built and features used. Microsoft make changes and they not always compatible with all technologies.hence Microsoft give the option to use Ie
It's a pain ,normally websites have to update at their cost!
Normally a hosting site will update on their next planned release,which can vary considerably !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts