Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
For some long time now, the original wipers made a horrible noise passing across the screen. We've just changed them and for the first couple of times we had no noise when used (bliss). However, it's now back and driving me nuts. If I use the wash, it stops, for say 5 minutes. How can I stop this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, could be a few things, did you buy good quality flat blades like the Bosch ones?
I had a similar problem and now cured with the Bosch blades.
It could be that the tension on the wiper arms is wrong, which exerts too much force on the blades making them noisy on the screen.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi
For some long time now, the original wipers made a horrible noise passing across the screen. We've just changed them and for the first couple of times we had no noise when used (bliss). However, it's now back and driving me nuts. If I use the wash, it stops, for say 5 minutes. How can I stop this?

Try cleaning the wiper blades and screen with washing up liquid. Rinse the screen first with clean water then apply washing up liquid to a damp sponge and clean the screen and wiper blades and then rinse the screen and blades with clean water. I always clean the screen before using new wiper blades or if the blades squeak or judder across the screen. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@ niteram How, if the tension on the arms is 'wrong', do I fix that and
@ TAOD - this is something I'm going to try. Thank you.

The blades I bought on Ebay from a company called bladesdirect.co.uk Some generic company selling the appropriate blades for the car BUT the blades that were originally on the car when we bought it direct from the Dealership when the car had done 300 miles only, did the same thing, which is why I changed them!! I suppose you get what you pay for!

This is what I bought ..... Peugeot 2008 Estate ACP Exact Specific Fit Front & Rear Wiper Blades | eBay
But as said, the wipers the car came to us originally with 300 miles on the clock, squeaked the exact same way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts