Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled the fuel tank yesterday, and soon afterwards spotted that the Current Fuel Consumption screen is headed by an estimated distance-till-empty mileage. Would be very interested to know how different engines/gearboxes/wheel-sizes and environments compare on the 2008.. so please let's know how yours compares, this just looks amazing to me, thank you Peugeot ...

712miles
Allure 115 1600cc- six-speed manual- 16"wheels - urban

·
Registered
48 Posts
Filled up yesterday and went up and stuck around the 658 mark for pretty muxh the whole 23 mile drive home
I have the 1.6 egc model... how many miles have u done? I am on 900 and read that your mpg should settle down and be more accurate after 1500 miles.

Chris

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris... Only just reached 1200 miles with my 2008 to date, so not too different to your mileage..
How do you get on with that auto gearbox after 900 miles ? I did not have the conviction to take the leap to buying one with that egc gearbox - much as I like driving auto's - never found anything I drove to be at all near matching a manual box for fuel economy, so strongly doubted the promo mpg claims would match reality . Yours is proving me wrong however it seems.
I am nonetheless now enjoying getting into the rhythm of driving using a six speed manual box for the first time.. When out in the traffic flow it can be very satisfying to economise by choosing to 'short-change' gears which the very flexible 115 easily copes with.
Not long then to wait for 1500 miles and see its fuel consumption settling down... will write up again if the mpg/range changes, and would be interested to see how your 2008's range settles after that 1500 mile time passes too please.
This stop-start is a little unnerving at first too.... but all good fun so far.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Pretty sure mine showed 788 miles range after refuelling the other day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have had 678 after 1 fill up, had mine since Feb 14 and have now done 3500 miles and my all time avg is 53, but I do a lot of short city journeys, but when on a long run wow watch the mpg go up, I love it especially coming from a 26 mph 2.0 Ltd chevvy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts